Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooking and eating seafood on a boat

Re: Cooking and eating seafood on a boat

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    didn't you have any wasabi on board, sashimi would have been fine.
    Lesson learnt....Next time...

I'm waiting on a Travel buddy oven ..after reading your post though I might have to get 2 of them...!...really looking forward to some roasts but your mushroom sauce and vege's sound delicious....

I also would like at some stage to fit a double burner gas or metho stove...I prefer my bacon crispy and not pre cooked..but that's a while off because I want to design a modified seatbox with a slide out fridge freezer in the bottom and a stove under the cushion on top..

Re: Cooking and eating seafood on a boat

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Lesson learnt....Next time...

I'm waiting on a Travel buddy oven ..after reading your post though I might have to get 2 of them...!...really looking forward to some roasts but your mushroom sauce and vege's sound delicious....

I also would like at some stage to fit a double burner gas or metho stove...I prefer my bacon crispy and not pre cooked..but that's a while off because I want to design a modified seatbox with a slide out fridge freezer in the bottom and a stove under the cushion on top..
    Careful, next you will want an A/C to keep cool which means you'll need a small genny then you could also install a microwave and get one of those small induction cooktops, I remember my BIL got a single plate job for his caravan from one of the supermarkets and it was well under $100.

If you ordered the Travel Buddy Marine version it will take the roast and the vegies due to its length and depth, just buy the little aluminium trays to suit. I also have taken plum puddings for desert, all that warm lovely gooey sauce just makes it an excellent end of the days activities. They usually come in plastic tubs but once again, little ally tubs with those cardboard/foil lids work a treat.

The key thing is that everything is prepared at home before we leave, I have a mate and he takes casseroles and other such items but as I'm lazy I let some one else do the cooking (except for the wraps).