Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Youngbloods from Youtube, where are they located/filming?

Youngbloods from Youtube, where are they located/filming?

I love Brody's videos.

But I love the waters they have access too more.

Does anyone know exactly where mostly he is filming/fishing? I presume its up near Broome somewhere.....

I wish I had known this area when I lived in WA.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brodiemoss/videos

Re: Youngbloods from Youtube, where are they located/filming?

I believe that originally they were located in Exmouth but I had read that Brodie as a "social media influencer" was invited to live in Broome . He said that they were spread out these days …… so it maybe correct.
    Apparently they shoot their videos all over the place - incl the east but I think the majority are filmed along the mid western Australian Coastline.

It's actually a shame that these Youtubers generally don't tell you where they are filming - that's the refreshing thing about "Fishing the Wild"

Not a bad gig that you can quit your day job - get some serious sponsorship & go fishing

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Don’t forget getting to bump uglies with a hot penthouse pet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    It's actually a shame that these Youtubers generally don't tell you where they are filming - that's the refreshing thing about "Fishing the Wild"

Not a bad gig that you can quit your day job - get some serious sponsorship & go fishing

Chris
    Im pretty sure hes fishing the same area, within 50km there abouts now. It looks identical every video. I agree, I actually find it a bit rude that he wont share where he is fishing. Plenty of other successful youtubers telling you exactly where they are. Its a bit Disingenuous, Im pretty sure its about 100km south of Broome, their abouts.

Once you have over 100k Subs you can start making a living. Hed be raking in $250kpa now Id estimate.

If it wasnt for that water colour and marine life I think hed be stuck back on 30k subscribers, I dont think hes a bad dude at all, but thats not what really sells the videos.

And yes Amberleigh in a bikini is the icing on the cake, much like that dude from La Vagabonde and his perverted looking Moustache and he used his 18yo GF when he was 32 to start selling there videos and look at them now in a free $1.5m Catamaran. Still think hes a dunce and she was an 18yo naieve girl, but with her in a bikini as the video icons they got famous fast. Im sure they probably think it was their video content and editing. Plenty of much better video quality out there but without a chick in a bikini it just doesnt sell.

As for Brodie I say good for him. If I had that water near me Id have done the same thing. I guess thats why he hides it, hes afraid somebody else will steal his product. But like I said plenty of other guys share and still do well, so thats my only gripe with him, its a bit disingenuous

Lol DirtyFuzz, with your nickname bringing up Penthouse is so on point bro haha.

I think it was Playboy, either way Im sure Amberleigh already has her own coin. Would love to know how they met, thats random.

So did he get given that $250k boat or is he paying it off using his patreon/youtube money?

Pretty sure he was given it as a promo piece/product placement etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    Pretty sure he was given it as a promo piece/product placement etc
    I know with La Vagabonde, Outrememer gave them like $600k of the boat, but the rest they had financed via there youtube/patreon money. My pet peave with them aside from him being a seedy dirty old man picking up a teen bride is he seems really oblivious to how lucky he is. He sometimes says thanks. But it comes across really half hearted and he talks about himself and what hes doing more than where the channel is headed. Like hes not aware of who is funding his life and his now mid 20s wife and child.

Id feel better about it if it was his to use on the channel but still owned by them as a promo product for his area. Or he is paying for it via is youtube money which he could prob pay most of it off in 1 year

Will always be an element of that I think with youtubers. Its almost a feeling of self entitlement. But with Brodie he sounds genuine when he thanks people.

Just tell us where you are at Brodie, its not like the whole of Aus is going to horde your location and start youtubing lol. Even if a few did, it takes a lot of work to get to even 50k subs. Once you get over 100 its snowballs though.

Someone mentioned to me recently based on the amount of subscriptions & the views - Brodie could be taking in up to $2000 / day ....… & even conservatively could be making $250-$400K depending on the types of views & adds placed

YBS would be getting close to the Top 100 Aussie Youtubers now

As I said …. nice gig

A lot of people are getting into this stuff now …… so how big can the bubble get ?

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

A lot of people are getting into this stuff now …… so how big can the bubble get ?
    Chris
    Im an IT guy so I watch a lot of tech and social media phenomena documentaries and opinions from credible Drs in the Bsc Computing field.

From what I have taken, its a bit like the housing Market in Auckland NZ, everybody knows its reached its peak, it lost 10% and now is just bubbling up and down, but is listed in the top 2 cities in the world most likely to crash. What would it take, a simple financial crisis in any major lending country, especially China, which is the most worrying one at the moment. So its not if, but when.

Youtube is a phenomena, its not an economy, its not fixed and its likely interest will eventually dive hard. So if it were me, I wouldnt be counting on it being my bread earner in 5 years time, thats not to say it wont, its more, what is the next social phenomena. Currently instagram is the one really blowing up. Which makes more sense, Instant social media gratification (not a 15 minute video I have to pay for or youtube does). A whole generation have grown up to near adulthood with social media as the norm. But the internet itself is even fragile, it is possible the internet could be lost (thats a whole another subject but google it, blimmin scary if you like the internet lol).

But by then Brodie and La Vagabonde will be multi millionaires doing something we would all love, simply because in Brodies case 1. He comes across as a good dude (perhaps hes not, its the net), 2. He has an unbeatable subject/location to produce what are pretty average home edited videos. 3, He has a Playboy girlfriend to put in his video icons (but to his credit usually he is there to, unlike la vagabonde in the early seedy years).

If you can get those 3 items its all about marketing, getting your name mentioned by Brodie, getting your channel linked to buy a big youtuber etc etc, SEO, SEL search engine technology, meta data. Pretty easy to be honest.

The difference is Im too old, my chance at this was one generation too late. Thats not to say old guys cant make other youtube successes. But Bikini clad 25yos in paradise spearfishing is just not going to happen for me. Well it could some young chick like 15 year older guys, heck Ryleys girlfriend was barely legal when he started her out on videos for la vagabonde But unless I move to Broome, take the risk Im going to find a hot 30yo, it aint gonna happen.

To be honest I find Briggsy from Moontide more genuine than all of them. He doesnt use sex to sell his videos. Rod from ROkkit is another I respect for that.

Quote Originally Posted by GlobbyGuts View Post
    Im an IT guy so I watch a lot of tech and social media phenomena documentaries and opinions from credible Drs in the Bsc Computing field.

From what I have taken, its a bit like the housing Market in Auckland NZ, everybody knows its reached its peak, it lost 10% and now is just bubbling up and down, but is listed in the top 2 cities in the world most likely to crash. What would it take, a simple financial crisis in any major lending country, especially China, which is the most worrying one at the moment. So its not if, but when.

Youtube is a phenomena, its not an economy, its not fixed and its likely interest will eventually dive hard. So if it were me, I wouldnt be counting on it being my bread earner in 5 years time, thats not to say it wont, its more, what is the next social phenomena. Currently instagram is the one really blowing up. Which makes more sense, Instant social media gratification (not a 15 minute video I have to pay for or youtube does). A whole generation have grown up to near adulthood with social media as the norm. But the internet itself is even fragile, it is possible the internet could be lost (thats a whole another subject but google it, blimmin scary if you like the internet lol).

But by then Brodie and La Vagabonde will be multi millionaires doing something we would all love, simply because in Brodies case 1. He comes across as a good dude (perhaps hes not, its the net), 2. He has an unbeatable subject/location to produce what are pretty average home edited videos. 3, He has a Playboy girlfriend to put in his video icons (but to his credit usually he is there to, unlike la vagabonde in the early seedy years).

If you can get those 3 items its all about marketing, getting your name mentioned by Brodie, getting your channel linked to buy a big youtuber etc etc, SEO, SEL search engine technology, meta data. Pretty easy to be honest.

The difference is Im too old, my chance at this was one generation too late. Thats not to say old guys cant make other youtube successes. But Bikini clad 25yos in paradise spearfishing is just not going to happen for me. Well it could some young chick like 15 year older guys, heck Ryleys girlfriend was barely legal when he started her out on videos for la vagabonde But unless I move to Broome, take the risk Im going to find a hot 30yo, it aint gonna happen.

To be honest I find Briggsy from Moontide more genuine than all of them. He doesnt use sex to sell his videos. Rod from ROkkit is another I respect for that.
    I have to say - when I started watching the Morningtide boys , I thought what a hoot but soon came to realise that there was a tosser in there ….. Mr #.com # @ ### .# and as we know he moved on to making some cash for himself - But of the 3 Briggsy was just a fair dinkum kind of bloke but also the talent when it came to the production editing & even music . I hope he succeeds .

I really was surprised at just how rewarding it can be though …… some of the best are multi millionaires - but hey how good would it be if you could rake in enough cash in 5 years to last you a lifetime . Hat's off to the guys / girls that can do it - there are plenty across every genre that have.

imagine what the trailblazers like Alby Mangels , Malcolm Douglas , Leyland Brothers etc would have made ….. these blokes had to attract corporations & TV studios

Back to YBS - It's obviously working for him & that mix of adventure & a hot chick will certainly sell - specially in that environment.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Youngbloods started with a few gopros a decade ago.
    instead of getting on the gear of weekend Brodie was editing videos.
    good on him and his family, bet it was a grind for ages but paying off now!

does it really matter where he films and fishes, he produces a excellent product that would takes hundreds of hours of work, you could say hes promoting tourism for WA and the fact that he includes a bit of eye candy shouldnt take away from the quality of his product , work ethic and vision. im sorry you've missed the boat but opportunitys are out their, just gotta make it happen.

media and social influencers are becoming more common these days but it wont last forever, until a new platform comes along , remember fishing shows like REX HUNT fishing australia, they kinda where like early influencers, back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    media and social influencers are becoming more common these days but it wont last forever, until a new platform comes along , remember fishing shows like REX HUNT fishing australia, they kinda where like early influencers, back in the day

Yer Rex and his mate Starlo would sell there grandmothers ,one minute its Honda then its touhastsu then its the next brand that offers them money to mention and use there brand and look were they are now, last I heard of Starlo he was bobbing around the Fitzroy river in blow up tube he's really clever doing that in a croc river.
    Last edited by chris69; 22-10-2019 at 08:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Yer Rex and his mate Starlo would sell there grandmothers ,one minute its Honda then its touhastsu then its the next brand that offers them money to mention and use there brand and look were they are now, last I heard of Starlo he was bobbing around the Fitzroy river in blow up tube he's really clever doing that in a croc river.
    No different to most of these "influencers" be it Worsteling , Ettinngshausen , Rayner or any other with a media profile ….. Etec one day , Yammi the next Honda anyone ….. it's never ending . But ultimately it will boil down to who is going to pay the bills or provide a freebie (sadly) This makes it hard for the average punter ……. how many ETECs were sold on the back of those "influencers" & their cash for comment ?
    What we are seeing today is a more cost effective way of advertising ….. YouTube would be a hell of a lot more cheaper than the costs of producing a "Rex Hunt or IFish"

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Youngbloods from Youtube, where are they located/filming?

No different to most of these "influencers" be it Worsteling , Ettinngshausen , Rayner or any other with a media profile ….. Etec one day , Yammi the next Honda anyone ….. it's never ending . But ultimately it will boil down to who is going to pay the bills or provide a freebie (sadly) This makes it hard for the average punter ……. how many ETECs were sold on the back of those "influencers" & their cash for comment ?
    What we are seeing today is a more cost effective way of advertising ….. YouTube would be a hell of a lot more cheaper than the costs of producing a "Rex Hunt or IFish"

Chris
    The boys from MAD HUEYS are doing the same thing and making a squillion through the use of social media ,their boats and JetSki are sponsored goods and they are living the fishing and surfing dream . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......