Thread: Noosa 19-20 October

Noosa 19-20 October

Gday guys, just a quick report from the weekend. I left Caloundra at 5.30am for noosa. I arrived at the caravan park where I had a site booked for 4 nights including Friday night so I could get there early Saturday. Arrived about 6.30am after fuelling up to load my brother and old mans gear. When we were just about loaded I had a tyre blow a valve stem so we changed the wheel. Better there than on the highway. We left the park about 7.00am for a flat run to Double Island area. We loaded up on yakkas on the way and arrived at some new marks I was given. We searched and fished hard until at about 70km north of the bar and not a fish in the box, I made the call to head to the Hards where I know it fishes well. It took a couple of hours to get there and we were belted with a storm shortly after. With strong winds from every direction with the storm, fishing was impossible so we went to bed early with no fish. It blew pretty constant all night but the northerly doesn’t seem to rough it up like a southerly so when we woke up we re anchored on our mark and never shifted all morning. The snapper session was insane and after keeping our 8 snapper we released the rest and in total we caught 21 snapper over 60cm. They were all really healthy looking fish in good nick. Mixed in was some nice parrot and hussar but no pearlies. We had a good run back to the bar just before a strong southerly came through.

No pics boys but we all know what snapper look like.

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Noosa 19-20 October

Thanks for the report. Well done on day 2! It's always a bit disturbing ending one day with nothing. But it sounds like you hit the morning bite well. That's a good catch

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Ausfish mobile app

Your sure seem to hate nice weather Lee.

Ashtom, yeh mate it does have you going to sleep thinking what will the plan be if we wake up and there is no bite. We had done 200+km before we got a fish.

RTP, yeh I am keen to get a good weather run. We had nice weather on Saturday heading north and then the storm came through in the early evening and it never got better again. I was originally going with another boat that was going to travel up from Brisbane but he pulled out on the forecast. It would have been a long punch home into the southerly. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0748.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	120303

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

After my disastrous wreck trips I am planning a mid-week trip next week with FIL to Hards
    Nice to read it still has some snapper on it
    Hooked marlin there last two trips fishing the bottom on dropper rigs
    Be mind blowing if FIL gets connected to a stickface - will have Stella floater out the back
    Thanks for report

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Ausfish mobile app
    Cheers

Trev

Trev, went out yesterday for a quick fish, old saying North East winds the least certainly proved correct. Lots of bait around and nothing chasing it. I'm looking to going put mid week myself and heading up that way.

Hi Trevelly, I hope your FIL can hook up to a marlin, always good fun.
    Well worth the trip Sam, I think I am fishing about 83km from the Caloundra bar

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Quote Originally Posted by Any_Weather View Post
    Hi Trevelly, I hope your FIL can hook up to a marlin, always good fun.
    Well worth the trip Sam, I think I am fishing about 83km from the Caloundra bar

Are you still up at Noosa or back at Caloundra. for me its about 60 - 63km as I usually launch at Mooloolaba as we sometimes come back in the dark.

No Sam, back home and back at work