Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And this is why..........

Re: And this is why..........

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Probably not great to publicly give idiots any ideas mate...
    It is harder to do now than it used to be, the old 3 pin warn plugs were very easy to short. 4 pin plugs not so easy. Also I don't know if this is just an urban legend anyway. I was a member of a number of 4wd forums when this first started circulating and I don't remember anyone actually providing pictures. Here is a thread from 2011 and no direct evidence but would love to see some if anyone has them.

https://www.patrol4x4.com/threads/wi...ehicles.60168/

Cheers Matt

I gotta say on the odd occassion i have left my cable hook down the back of the trailer for ease of connecting boat but found it useless as once u reverse down the ramp your in 60cm of water trying to fetch the hook

So a bit sus of this bloke, would love to hear what his insurance has to say

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I gotta say on the odd occassion i have left my cable hook down the back of the trailer for ease of connecting boat but found it useless as once u reverse down the ramp your in 60cm of water trying to fetch the hook

So a bit sus of this bloke, would love to hear what his insurance has to say

Common practice Gazza. I've always done it. Trailers both have walkways so don't even get mt tootsies wet. Also one of the reasons I stuck with wire. There was talk of muppets wandering round with knives cutting the straps when they were popular.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Common practice Gazza. I've always done it. Trailers both have walkways so don't even get mt tootsies wet. Also one of the reasons I stuck with wire. There was talk of muppets wandering round with knives cutting the straps when they were popular.
    Just wandering off track for a second, I never could understand why vandals just wreck stuff, what do they gain? it's not like stealing something to sell for drug money (not that it's OK at all) but senseless destruction of other people's stuff is just stupid, like smashing a window, or scratching someone's car, pisses me off big time.

Maybe it's the thought that someone has something nice that they don't

Maybe it's they're way of leaving a mark on the world that otherwise they are making no positive impression on

Regardless, there days, the consequences of people's deliberate actions do not discourage similar bad decisions in the future.

I used a new ramp one time for the hawkesbury river i looked up as much info as possible about its location and dangers, distance etc.. and came across they had a local fw that would detach trailers in the car park

We went out for a short period came back in i went to get the car and sure enough he striked again my trailer was sitting on the ball...

Heared the locals caught him one time and abused the shit out of him, absolutely ..... clueless why people do shit like this i dont understand

I have always driven on unless it’s an unusually shallow low tide that stops me , my winches only ever have had cable and very rarely used . Drive on is a skill that once learnt you will never go back . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

fishos steal from fishos
    some people are just bags of shit

the two botany bay ramps i lost
    dynema whinch rope
    the whole winch
    set of rear wobble rollers
    led lights
    all on separate occasions

people dont do insurance claims for old trailers

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    fishos steal from fishos
    some people are just bags of shit

the two botany bay ramps i lost
    dynema whinch rope
    the whole winch
    set of rear wobble rollers
    led lights
    all on separate occasions

people dont do insurance claims for old trailers
    the only ramp i can think of is the hole in the wall sylvania was this one location? port botany is pretty good with security always busy so no one will likely steal from you few camera's about too

i have never had anything flogged off my trailers but i am worried about the alloy trailer being pinched when finished

the old port ramp and kyeemagh
    i have a decent shackle lock and i fit a wheel clamp

they will take the trailer easiest to steal

Port Kembla ramp here is busy, lots of lighting and traffic, a Water Police station is only metres away, as is a Maritime office, but, you only have to look around the car park to see the piles of broken glass (from car windows) to know it's a hot spot for people stealing stuff from cars.

A long time ago I heard it was a common practice down Fingal way to leave your car unlocked with a few bucks on the dashboard when you went to the surf beach to have a fish.
    Supposedly thieving was so regular that if you didn't you would most likely come back to broken windows etc.

What's the world coming to?
    Nuthin changes. Still plenty of lowlifes around. But it seems a bit more prevalent these days.
    A sign of hard times for theft or a sick society for pure vandalism?
    Take your pick.

I've got to say - my biggest fear with boating is what happens when you are out for the day ..... but worst when you are doing overnighters & longer . There are people & sadly boaters who will stalk the ramps to steal what they need off a trailer ( I hear boat catch is a favorite) but worst still are those that vandalise stuff .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I will be trying my best to secure my alloy trailer most likely use port botany but really worried about other locations hawkesbury river, port hacking, port kembla no security at any of those ramps i would be in tears if it got knocked off or even if someone drove into it and mangled it like a learner practicing in the car park

have heard the horror stories about bass point in port kembla i use to park outside the gates all night and not being able to see the car lucky this was before all the dead shits decided to rob and smash up peoples cars there

its all the bad apples that grew up in sydney they all moved to wollongong and the central coast for a better coast life only they took all there crime and habits with them

About 15 years ago there was a spate of arseholes running the steel cable over the roof of 4wd's and hooking to the tow bar then putting the wire into the pendant connection....nearly cuts the old landcruiser in half lengthwise. I know of 4 such events in a two month period.
    Jack.