Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And this is why..........

Re: And this is why..........

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    You don't leave power continuously connected to your trailer winch. Apparently solenoid malfunctioned causing the pretzel action. Others have commented on FB about grubs doing it for shits and giggles.Attachment 120266
    Been thinking about this one and a strange ole feeling he may have left the winch plug , plugged in and kinda sat on the remote by mistake driving back to the parking lot???...

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Just wandering off track for a second, I never could understand why vandals just wreck stuff, what do they gain? it's not like stealing something to sell for drug money (not that it's OK at all) but senseless destruction of other people's stuff is just stupid, like smashing a window, or scratching someone's car, pisses me off big time.
    General lack of respect bought about by a lack of consequences IMO Noel. Years ago if a copper caught a little shit bag doing stuff like this they got a flogging from the cop and again when they got home. Same with teachers. Blame the do gooders if anyone. They know they are basically untouchable.

General lack of respect bought about by a lack of consequences IMO Noel. Years ago if a copper caught a little shit bag doing stuff like this they got a flogging from the cop and again when they got home. Same with teachers. Blame the do gooders if anyone. They know they are basically untouchable.
    Tend to agree a tad there . Think they also feel if they cant have it no one else should either ??..
    Dont know the answer , but if we pay for Boat ramps maybe security Cameras and a little patrolling should go with along with it also..
    Tis done here with the main Boat Ramp..
    Might not stop vandalism completely but surely slows it down somewhat??..

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Been thinking about this one and a strange ole feeling he may have left the winch plug , plugged in and kinda sat on the remote by mistake driving back to the parking lot???...
    Apparently not Volvo. Someone (not the owner) was there and saw it happen. They stopped it briefly by holding the switch in the opposite direction but there was no disconnect so as soon as they let it go - pretzel. To me it sounds like a solenoid or switch that has got a bit of water in it - just enough to actuate the solenoid. Safest option would be a key lockable battery switch or at least one with a removable handle/knob on the side of the battery box.

Yep mightbe the way to go ??...

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    I have always driven on unless it’s an unusually shallow low tide that stops me , my winches only ever have had cable and very rarely used . Drive on is a skill that once learnt you will never go back . Matt
    Winch on is a choice for me Matt. Keeps the trailer maintenance to a minimum. Make sure you check your trailer hitch when you get back before driving on unless you have a trailer lock. A good mate of mine got caught when a shitbag locked his hitch open for shits and giggles when he went to drive on. Happened at Cleveland.

Not trying to hijack thread, but a quick trailer question without starting new thread

One of the back arms on my trailer with boat off falls backwards to the ground. Is this broken or how do I fix

Pic not my trailer

IMG_5513.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Nope. All good. Meant to be like that for loading the boat.

Should fall the back. Shouldn't touch the ground.

And this is why..........

Should fall the back. Shouldn't touch the ground.
    Should have explained a bit more. It does fall back and hits the ground. Only just started and only on starboard side.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Should have explained a bit more. It does fall back and hits the ground. Only just started and only on starboard side.

Shakey the trailer in your post looks alloy ? I’m using my phone so I’m struggling to see for sure.
    The image I’ll post is a gal one but maybe the idea is the same ?
    Does yours have the adjustable stand off like mine in this image ?
    Is it loose or adjusted the same on both sides ?

I definitely have to check mine periodically because some of the nuts do come loose, and regular coats of whatever rust inhibitor you may spray on the trailer after a wash down (if that is applicable to alloy trailers)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 552Evo View Post
    Shakey the trailer in your post looks alloy ? I’m using my phone so I’m struggling to see for sure.
    The image I’ll post is a gal one but maybe the idea is the same ?
    Does yours have the adjustable stand off like mine in this image ?
    Is it loose or adjusted the same on both sides ?

I definitely have to check mine periodically because some of the nuts do come loose, and regular coats of whatever rust inhibitor you may spray on the trailer after a wash down (if that is applicable to alloy trailers)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    552Evo. The picture I put up is just an example. My trailer is gal. I’ll take a pic tomorrow if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post

Check that the bolt hasn't come out ……. mine did that & that was the problem … missing bolt

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

If one side does it and the other does not, just have a good look at both sides to find what’s different, I’m sure you’ll find it before long

Cable tie on a snapper lead to see if it keeps it right way up.