Thread: Chinese soft plastic rod

Chinese soft plastic rod

Out of curiosity I purchased a graphite 4kg 7ft Chinese no name rod for $50 delivered off a guy who purchased a few for an experiment. I would have to say that they look the part, not sure on the single leg guides though, seem a bit flimsy, very light and tough be interesting to see how it holds up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Re: Chinese soft plastic rod

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    Out of curiosity I purchased a graphite 4kg 7ft Chinese no name rod for $50 delivered off a guy who purchased a few for an experiment. I would have to say that they look the part, not sure on the single leg guides though, seem a bit flimsy, very light and tough be interesting to see how it holds up

Yes DF, I agree, and it's the difference between expensive and cheap rods I reckon. Good reel seats and good eyelets make the difference. The blanks all seem to be similar in my unedumacated view.

If you like the action I think the rod will be fine.Single foot guides are a must in lighter rods the only problem you may encounter is getting a perfect match if you damage one,but that's a maybe.

Just don't expect it to be built on the backbone and just wash it well after using it ,as cheap means nasty components things will tarnish real quick.

Chinese soft plastic rod

Deleted double post

It actually does have a pretty good action no doubt it has been copied from elsewhere and the graphite looks of similar quality to the venom I have, the weakness will be the guides and resin, I predict the guides will break out or off