Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boating mishap

boating mishap

I know it isn't good to laugh at someone else's misfortune, but I couldn't stop pissing myself laughing.

Re: boating mishap

Why do you think he was going in slightly side on? I don't understand why he was doing that. It was going over and through fine when he went at 90 degrees, but....

Totally clueless!

Not a lot you can do when your motor stops working.

a few more horsepower would have helped to punch his way out. only looks about a 25hp, which looks way to small for that size boat.

Quote Originally Posted by ericcs View Post
    a few more horsepower would have helped to punch his way out. only looks about a 25hp, which looks way to small for that size boat.
    Not sure of the outboard size but yep, there were a couple of moments early one when i was wondering why is he still in the wave zone, surely it is time to get up and away. Looked like it was probably at or above load capacity also.

Matt

I guess we have all made mistakes at some time in a boat...........

fenders left out...Bit of a clue...
    Painter not secure..
    As noted above...underpowered?
    Overloaded..
    Crew no lifejackets
    The skipper was given a get out of jail free card when the boat was knocked round by the first wave...he could have just headed back in....but he turned back into the waves.

But the guy who just started bailing......loved his work..like ....not again!!!

economical boating though

And old mate getting onto the pullstart in the middle of it when the motor cut out. Yes I agree that we all make mistakes, and I've managed to make a second career out of highlighting my stupidity; I just don't understand why he seemed to be content to across the face of the wave instead of through it at 90 degrees.

Set himself up to fail. Wrong boat, wrong day, overloaded, skipper looking after himself only one with lifejacket, just an idiot really.

Quote Originally Posted by Almako View Post
    Set himself up to fail. Wrong boat, wrong day, overloaded, skipper looking after himself only one with lifejacket, just an idiot really.
    Fair call...

yeah funny as , love the little french flag on the boat, the only person to wear a life jacket was tossed out , i replayed that moment few times, so so funny. should be titled how to cross bars in france. the outboard looks like a chinese hidea brand or what ever they call em over there..
    just needed some benny hill music to go with it.

You would have thought old mate would have chucked a leg on the cav plate and lifted him self out of that water quicker than a sprinter he had no idea trying to climb onto the bow rail

actually lookes like a late 1990's 15hp mariner

just noticed there was a kid in the boat as well ..golly gosh

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    just noticed there was a kid in the boat as well ..golly gosh
    fortunately he had a life vest on also!