Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yamaha Exhaust Corrosion f225

Re: Yamaha Exhaust Corrosion f225

Quote Originally Posted by Paul071978 View Post
    Mate had the replacement done recently and cost about 4K parts and labor. Have to remove powerhead. Yamaha say the exhaust housing is a serviceable item with approx 700hr lifespan
    It's not an hours thing, sometimes low hour motors are shot, and others at a few thousand are still OK

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    It's not an hours thing, sometimes low hour motors are shot, and others at a few thousand are still OK
    Just Yamaha with the issue is it Noel...?

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just get a Etec gen2 problem solved!😂 this should be good for a couple of pages!😂

Hey Micky it was a dealer here on the west coast. I’m sure it was Chivers marine. It’s worth it as these engines usually last up to 2000hrs and beyond when looked after

Tom Vinson - TLC Marine at Brendale if these or any other similar issues arise for anyone in the future 0433 150 470..

He is a gun, ex NSM, Brisbane yamaha etc but has gone out on his own and knows alot more than most on Yammy, Honda, Suzi etc..

You will not be disappointed I can assure you of that

If your not laughing your not living, so good one Ducky. No help at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Just get a Etec gen2 problem solved! this should be good for a couple of pages!
    Sent from my SM-G960F using Ausfish mobile app

Ok so today Justin and Chris of Northside Marine attended Scarborough Marina to inspect and service both engines out of the water. Gearboxes removed and exhaust tubes inspected. No problems at all! Shock. Justin was obviously a very senior Mechanic. Both men were Professional and communicated well. The whole exercise took half a day.
    I am still mystified why the Brisbane Yamaha mechanics said i needed new engines.
    End of a stressful saga .
    Thanks for all ypur helps.
    Cheers Micky Flinders.
    Quote Originally Posted by micky flinders View Post
    Brisbane Yamaha have advised I have exhaust corrosion. Exhaust Gas bubbles are comming out of the wrong place. The motors are 2003 models with 700 hours each.
    I have read a lot about this problem. however, I have not read about any Australian that has had this problem.
    Brisbane Yamaha say they will not attempt a repair as they said they did one once and it was extremely difficult. In their exact words "we will not be touching it" . This sort of leaves me high and dry. Has anyone repaired this problem? Should I not spend any money on the engines and get new ones? Apart from this problem the engines have been problem free. The vessel is in Scarborough Brisbane.
    Sent from my SM-G960F using Ausfish mobile app