Thread: Moose Marine Weekly Deal - 12V stainless marine travel buddy oven

Moose Marine Weekly Deal - 12V stainless marine travel buddy oven

Back by demand
    We have a special group buy deal going for the two very popular 12v stainless ovens by travel buddy,
    The small units "which i prefer" for $199
    and the large units "with a built in thermostat" for $249
    Shipping of cause available australia wide for $18
    TO pop your name on one of our group buys
    email us at Info@moosemarine.com.au
    or call

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Re: Moose Marine Weekly Deal - 12V stainless marine travel buddy oven

thats a good price......so how many meat pies can be heated at one time in the large and small...?

and how long to heat up and cook thawed pie and a frozen pie approx

and why do you prefer the smaller version...?..you on a diet....?...lol..

Nice love hot pies, what sort of power drain are we looking at for the smaller unit?

BigE

Ausfish Platinum Member

I bought one of these from Moose last time he did the special. VERY popular accessory for the boat, or ute, or wagon. The smaller one draws 6 amps, the larger one, 9 amps. I have the smaller one. it fits 4 regular pies. , or 6 pasties. Hot home made pies and pasties for smoko at sea after an early start, can't be beat. We also use it a lot for pre-cooked meals when camping out--we get foil trays 35mm high, fit in nicely, one each shelf. Heating time? For 2 frozen pies, I'd give it 2 hours max minutes, for defrosted, an hour is fine. The timer is mechanical. A mate uses the large one when he is 4WD touring--just puts the frozen meal in two hours before driving finishes for the day. The smaller one is OK to run from a cigarette lighter, I reckon the bigger one would be better off having an Andersen plug fitted. All stainless, inside and out, easy to clean.
    These are made by a gentleman in country Victoria, not cheap imported. This is mine, mounted. two tek screws to remove if i want to put it in the ute.

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    I bought one of these from Moose last time he did the special. VERY popular accessory for the boat, or ute, or wagon. The smaller one draws 6 amps, the larger one, 9 amps. I have the smaller one. it fits 4 regular pies. , or 6 pasties. Hot home made pies and pasties for smoko at sea after an early start, can't be beat. We also use it a lot for pre-cooked meals when camping out--we get foil trays 35mm high, fit in nicely, one each shelf. Heating time? For 2 frozen pies, I'd give it 2 hours max minutes, for defrosted, an hour is fine. The timer is mechanical. A mate uses the large one when he is 4WD touring--just puts the frozen meal in two hours before driving finishes for the day. The smaller one is OK to run from a cigarette lighter, I reckon the bigger one would be better off having an Andersen plug fitted. All stainless, inside and out, easy to clean.
    These are made by a gentleman in country Victoria, not cheap imported. This is mine, mounted. two tek screws to remove if i want to put it in the ute.

These look great, does the box get hot on the outside?

Ausfish Platinum Member

Sorry about the late reply, we've been away for four days, camping on board and using the oven . No, the box does not get hot on the outside, you can leave anything resting against it no worries.

How are the ovens coming along Moose....?..Whats the ETA...?.....I had to endure cold chicken and fried rice last weekend....I am hanging out for crispy pies...

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    How are the ovens coming along Moose....?..Whats the ETA...?.....I had to endure cold chicken and fried rice last weekend....I am hanging out for crispy pies...
    that we all are! we have been advised there is just a bit of a backlog from the factory, our order of 18 or so ovens was about 6th in line . we are hoping to get the first 10 delivered this coming week
    Moose

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    that we all are! we have been advised there is just a bit of a backlog from the factory, our order of 18 or so ovens was about 6th in line . we are hoping to get the first 10 delivered this coming week
    Moose
    God dang it Moose...3 days of sangas and cold baked beans on bread last weekend and cold steak sangas the weekend before...I'm practically salivating for a hot pie on the boat, mate...youre killin me man...whats the ETA on my oven....?...