Thread: Sandcrabs

Sandcrabs

There on get ya pots out 54 crabs out 6 pots threw 14 back dumped last 2 pots with prob 8 to 10 keepers a pot in them.new 40 boat limit or 20 per person
    Cheers rosco
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190929_091902.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	120178  
    9/ 2016-8/2017 crab count
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

Re: Sandcrabs

Rosco,
    Any advise on general area?
    Kimbosun

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

Hey Rossco, no boat limit for the sandies as far as I could tell. Reading your post again you had 8 pots so I'm guessing 2 POB so your limit was 40 anyway...
    Great catch though, especially from 6 pots!
    Shallow or deep?

Yes there is a boat limit... as Rosco said it’s 40.

There was a PROPOSED boat limit of 40 sand crabs ( 2 x the individual limit)

But it was not implemented. Didnt happen.

Individual possession limit of 20 is the only limit on numbers.

Plus they changed the pot marking rules, now, the pots are to be marked with the USER’s details - the float with the user’s surname, and the pots with the users surname and street address. Limit of 4 pots per USER APPLIES.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Looks like ya right 20 per person limit doesn't mention anything about boat limit other than mudcrab.wont matter anyway as I only crab with 1 other.still plenty for a feed.as for location they are everywhere I have dropped pots befor but all I have found is there running bout 100mtrs wider in all spots.between 4 and 10mtrs deep i had pots
    9/ 2016-8/2017 crab count
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

Stuffed if I know where they are, put pots out around wello and green not even a sniff. Didn't see any other pots around in the morning either, only a few on my way home around raby bay.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    Stuffed if I know where they are, put pots out around wello and green not even a sniff. Didn't see any other pots around in the morning either, only a few on my way home around raby bay.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Did I see you heading out from Raby Bay this morning at about 7:30 as we returned?

I was on my way back from picking up my pots from an overnight soak.

2 POB 8 pots 21 keepers, about 60 unders and jennies released.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B9DE87AA-1B44-4559-AECC-36ACDA8CF022.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	120194  
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Last week at Green Island, 8 pots, 5 hr soak,2 sets/drops at varied depths, fresh chicken frames,1 undersized Jenny.Lucky to have seen another 6 pots out and around Green that day. What the ???We need some rain.