Thread: Service for Garmin 7410 xsv

Service for Garmin 7410 xsv

Hi Folks
    Does anyone know where I can take my Garmin and have all the software and firmware updates in Sydney?
    I tried Garmin but they tell you to download the software and do it yourself. Unfortunately I don't have a computer on my mobile.
    Cheers

Re: Service for Garmin 7410 xsv

Quote Originally Posted by scubapro View Post
    Hi Folks
    Does anyone know where I can take my Garmin and have all the software and firmware updates in Sydney?
    I tried Garmin but they tell you to download the software and do it yourself. Unfortunately I don't have a computer on my mobile.
    Cheers
    1st question is how and to what do you back up your waypoints and tracks? there are USB card adapters that have a standard USB one end and a mini USB the other end but then is Garmin Express available as an app for a smartphone, I haven't checked as generally that's what you'll need.

Howdy mate if you want to shoot us a message I can sent you latest software on a card for you to pop straight I to your unit. Moose

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    Howdy mate if you want to shoot us a message I can sent you latest software on a card for you to pop straight I to your unit. Moose
    I'm also happy to do that but the original question remains. How are you backing up your WPs

Gday fellas - very interested in this thread as I have the same unit and have taken the card out and stuck it in a new lap top expecting (hoping with a serious amount of ignorance) that miraculously my screen will show me my waypoints and I can just save them to a usb stick thingy - not to be, can't even open the files. The question of backing up waypoints is of a huge concern as I have a few and have no idea how to address this. Watching with interest without wanting to ambush the thread!
    Cheers
    Troy

Thanks guys but I do not have any waypoints or stored info on the sounder. I am still trying to get to grips with it.
    So I have no info to lose.

What system are you running mate?

Moose
    Quote Originally Posted by scroman View Post
    Gday fellas - very interested in this thread as I have the same unit and have taken the card out and stuck it in a new lap top expecting (hoping with a serious amount of ignorance) that miraculously my screen will show me my waypoints and I can just save them to a usb stick thingy - not to be, can't even open the files. The question of backing up waypoints is of a huge concern as I have a few and have no idea how to address this. Watching with interest without wanting to ambush the thread!
    Cheers
    Troy

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

If your able to come to me on the Gold Coast, I can do this for you
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Cheers
    Troy
    Register your unit with Garmin, download Homeport (it's free) in the process you should also end up with Garmin Express. You will be able to back up your WPs to Homeport and you will be able to see them as well as plan trips.

G'day Garry - you were the gentleman who installed my Garmin - still very happy with everything, I'm just not a technical sort of bloke. Love to come up and get the run down but getting to the Gold Coast these days can be a bit challenging but will certainly keep it in mind - thank you very much for the offer. G'day Moose - just running a G2 Vision card in the unit - not sure if there is any other system or are you referring to my lap top? - in which case I think Windows 11.
    Hi Dignity - what info do you need to register the unit with Garmin? I have owned the unit for about 3 years and don't have the box etc but do have all receipts etc. Never been updated in that time as I am a set and forget person but am thinking of selling the boat which has prompted the thought of how do I retain my marks before the unit is sold with the boat.....

Moose what do you need/want to send me a card with the latest updates please?

G'day Garry - you were the gentleman who installed my Garmin - still very happy with everything, I'm just not a technical sort of bloke. Love to come up and get the run down but getting to the Gold Coast these days can be a bit challenging but will certainly keep it in mind - thank you very much for the offer. G'day Moose - just running a G2 Vision card in the unit - not sure if there is any other system or are you referring to my lap top? - in which case I think Windows 11.
    Hi Dignity - what info do you need to register the unit with Garmin? I have owned the unit for about 3 years and don't have the box etc but do have all receipts etc. Never been updated in that time as I am a set and forget person but am thinking of selling the boat which has prompted the thought of how do I retain my marks before the unit is sold with the boat.....
    PM sent, cheers Sam

G'day Sam - got your message but could'nt reply for some reason. Many thanks for your information and advice, will have a go on the weekend hopefully. I'm down in Maclean (near Yamba) but appreciate your details. will let you know.
    Many thanks
    Troy