Thread: Coffs Harbour boat ramp upgrade

Coffs Harbour boat ramp upgrade

Hi there, would anyone know if this state government promise for the 10 million dollar boat ramp upgrade is actually going ahead?

Re: Coffs Harbour boat ramp upgrade

I would have loved to drag the boat down there when my son lived in the area but the Surge(?) had me more than a bit worried about damage.

An article I Googled suggested it’s still a year or more away.

My misses wants to move down there. I said no way, not until they upgrade the boat ramp and fix the surge issue.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Thanks, I cant seem to find any sort of date or actual confirmation other than apparently the government has promised either a new or upgraded ramp. Not sure why it's so hush hush as with that particular ramp being so unsafe and the fishing grounds so bloody good.

10 million for a boat ramp, tell them politicians their dreaming, they be lucky to allocate 10,000

It's guaranteed they say

fair enough, its funny they dont seem to say too much, like the artificials reefs being installed have been like top secret news.
    back to boat ramps yes they should upgrade a lot more as us the boaties do contribute to the local servo and other businesses bringing those dollars

the boat ramp their looks pretty bad , is that the one where it is shaped into the rocks and lots of surge pushing you around, if it is then hope you guys get a decent ramp ..

The surge is a major issue but also the entrance into the small boat ramp section fills with sand. If the entrance has not been dredged by the local council then boats actually get stuck in it and smashed by waves. Unbelievably dangerous.