Thread: Tide charts??

Tide charts??

IMG_0641.jpg, Wondering what the go is here guys. I run dual Garmins & last Saturday on the water checked tides so as to make safe bar crossing over Noosa, but both came up blank. They both showed a weird date on Jan 29 00?? One of them had the facility to change the date but still got nothing. Any ideas??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Tide charts??

Tony, There was a GPS rollover Apr 6. You may need to do a reset.

Yep. GPS rollover issue. If a reset doesn't fix it there may be a software update.

Thanks guys but you are talking to a techno idiot. What do I need to do??

I had an issue with my simrad last weekend - no detail in the maps page, I noticed no satellite signal.
    I had to go into the settings and select the mfd/simrad as the source. That fixed it for me.
    So like everyone mentioned above - check you’ve got sat signal. Should be able to verify sat settings in the menu- settings somewhere. Sorry I’ve got no details for garmin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Millennium bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Thanks guys but you are talking to a techno idiot. What do I need to do??
    First step is back up your data to an SD card, something you should do on a regular basis anyway. Check the Garmin site for a fix, what models are you running. Following on from what Evo said go to Settings>System>GPS>Source,

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    First step is back up your data to an SD card, something you should do on a regular basis anyway. Check the Garmin site for a fix, what models are you running. Following on from what Evo said go to Settings>System>GPS>Source,
    A 7012 & a 4010 Dignity

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    A 7012 & a 4010 Dignity
    Unfortunately both discontinued models, have you tried the "Settings>System>GPS>Source". Have you ever registered either unit with Garmin and updated the software in the past. usually you copy the chart or even software to your SD card and when plugging it into your PC, Garmin Express (if you have registered it should automatically pop up)should popup and tell you if you need an update. I'm not sure what happens if you've never registered your units as they are both considered obsolete although the last software should still be on their site.

Another way is to phone Garmin Australia (somewhere in NSW, I'd have to go back through my records) and I'm sure their technical staff would be able to talk you through the required steps even possibly send you an update. They helped me when I needed to recalibrate a screen on one of my units (Much better service than I experienced from another manufacturer).

PM sent.

Cheers Sam

Something funky going on. Issue may actually be the antenna as that is what tells the system what day it is. If you check the NMEA2000 device list it may tell you what model antenna you have. Once you know, check Garmins website to see if there are software updates. As an example - there was new software for the GPS19X released in August.

https://www8.garmin.com/support/coll...t=010-01010-10

and the same for the previous model antenna - the GPS17X

https://www8.garmin.com/support/coll...t=010-00694-10