Thread: Plate builder under 5m

Plate builder under 5m

Is there a platey builder who could build a 4.6m tiller steer boat for under the price of a quintrex renegade with similar options and be a bloody decent boat.
    I keep hearing people say get a platey you could build a better custom boat and cheaper than the mainstream boats but in reality it doubt it could be done. How can they compete if they build less boats.

Re: Plate builder under 5m

I seriously doubt any custom plate builder could build a "Renegade" for anywhere near the price of a "store bought" one.

On their website, Rebel boats quote $9600 for a 4.9m tiller steer plate boat. Factor in $4000 for a decent trailer and about $12000 for a motor and it would be about the same price as a Quintrex. Cheers Winston.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I seriously doubt any custom plate builder could build a "Renegade" for anywhere near the price of a "store bought" one.
    I just don't like the flooring in these mainstreme boats. Cant hose them out. They must stink after a good fishing trip. I have owned 2 tinnys, one with a basic lift out floor, easy to hose it out. The second a checker plate floor and bench seat at the back, so easy to clean. Maybe I'm missing something havent actually had a look at one in person.

Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    On their website, Rebel boats quote $9600 for a 4.9m tiller steer plate boat. Factor in $4000 for a decent trailer and about $12000 for a motor and it would be about the same price as a Quintrex. Cheers Winston.
    I don't think that would be close by the time all the storage and casting deck and so on was included that is standard in a Renegade. Let's be very clear, I am not saying a plate boat wouldn't be better, but I doubt it will be anywhere near the price as the mass produced pressed tinnies.