Thread: Check this out 30ft Scarab to Centre Console

Check this out 30ft Scarab to Centre Console

We have a couple of these scarabs floating about online for sale, look how awesome they turn into a centre console i think there is 7 or 8 update videos

Part 2

Parts 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Re: Check this out 30ft Scarab to Centre Console

I am committed to my Caribbean project but just out of curiosity someone contacted me with this boat for not a lot of cash minus the two opti's, its a 32 foot scarab would make a awesome fast offshore power boat

Hey fellas old mate finished that Scarab looks bloody amazing 450hp on the back check it out

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Ausfish Platinum Member

Only 450hp on the back of a 30' Scarab? Yanks would say it was underpowered they would actually call that a cuddy, believe it or not, due to the enclosure up the front. if you want to see some real go fast boats and history, watch this Youtube documentary. Made for television, so its' full length, deals with Reggie Fountain of Fountain boats. Now HE made a monohull go fast. First racing, then moved into fishing and cruising hulls.

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    Only 450hp on the back of a 30' Scarab? Yanks would say it was underpowered they would actually call that a cuddy, believe it or not, due to the enclosure up the front. if you want to see some real go fast boats and history, watch this Youtube documentary. Made for television, so its' full length, deals with Reggie Fountain of Fountain boats. Now HE made a monohull go fast. First racing, then moved into fishing and cruising hulls.
    I just watched a few minutes i would love to watch the whole video, do u know how big a download it is?

Ausfish Platinum Member

I don't know? I have plenty of data, so i just watch. it goes for over an hour. But youtube is generally pretty low quality, so it wouldn't be anything like a regular movie. It gets better, IMO, when you get past all the tunnel hull lake racing, and get into the ocean racing with monos.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I am committed to my Caribbean project but just out of curiosity someone contacted me with this boat for not a lot of cash minus the two opti's, its a 32 foot scarab would make a awesome fast offshore power boat
    Ausfish would need to upgrade it's server if you took that on Gazza

If I was looking at a boat in that size, I want diesels, a cabin, beds, TV and kitchen, if I want wind and rain, I'll buy a Quintrex.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    If I was looking at a boat in that size, I want diesels, a cabin, beds, TV and kitchen, if I want wind and rain, I'll buy a Quintrex.
    Exactly. In fact, anything over $100k must be able to at least sleep 2 in comfort, for me. But at least you can trailer it, unlike anything with diesels and a full fitout. Don't the yanks love their big CC's? Noel knows what I am talking about, being an inmate on THT. I just laugh when I see them coming back in , in a thunderstorm, in a half-million dollar boat getting soaked. Racing back to the ramp trying to beat the weather. A mate sent me a link to an Edencraft a while back, he's thinking of upgrading from an old 6m platey to a glass hull--I've spoilt him on the Reefrunner . And I pointed out to him that you won't be doing the overnight and extended trips away that I do away in that thing. And only getting a ragtop for that kind of money? Great fast boat, but totally lacking in any form of accommodation. Divers' boats--get out there fast, doesn't matter if you get wet, get in the water, do your dive, get home fast.

A scarab like that would only take me 3 years to do problem would be trying to tow the thing 30 foot is huge it would take up my whole front of my house on the street lol

If i ever do another boat rebuild i definatly know i dont wanna do what im doing now it must have either the inside or outside finished i just cant handle a total inside and outside rebuild again its a mamoth of a job for 1 bloke

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    This scarab and trailer was offered to me for 12k too bloody cheap as

Going to need a truck or 100k tow vehicle to tow the thing
    Or five falcons coupled together

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    Going to need a truck or 100k tow vehicle to tow the thing
    Or five falcons coupled together
    The owner said it was just under 4T from memory

A small 3 seater 5T truck could tow something like that i would think? A old land rover is rated to 3.75T or 4T that bost was over in perth so a mission to get here

Here u go old v8 land rover discovery can tow 3.5T https://www.redbook.com.au/cars/deta...POT-ITM-244808