Thread: OUCH!

OUCH!

https://www.facebook.com/TrafficServ...O7Ej77N4pMnTr4

About 5:35pm on Saturday 14th of September, 2019, a 41-yr old man from Greystanes was driving his Toyota Hilux on the M1 Motorway, Cowan, towing a boat. He lost control and collided briefly with an unknown B-double heavy vehicle, before jack-knifing and colliding with the rock wall. The 2500kg vessel came free from the trailer and slid 50m before coming to rest. Police from Kuring Gai Highway Patrol were called and attended, and the driver was arrested after providing a positive breath sample for alcohol. Lane 1 of the motorway was shut for 90mins to enable salvage. The driver was subsequently charged with high range drink driving after returning a blood alcohol reading of 0.190

Re: OUCH!

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Thankfully he didn't take anyone with him. Absolute muppet.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

F*#k me! Seriously why would you drink drive towing your pride possession? I love a beer like most blokes, but in 30 years of boating I’ve not had a drink either on the boat or vehicle. My alcohol consumption starts when the boat is unhitched whilst wash down. It’s one of my favourite pastimes but would never do it on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    F*#k me! Seriously why would you drink drive towing your pride possession? I love a beer like most blokes, but in 30 years of boating I’ve not had a drink either on the boat or vehicle. My alcohol consumption starts when the boat is unhitched whilst wash down. It’s one of my favourite pastimes but would never do it on the water.
    Totally agree with this

Heard this idiot blew high range what a ###### towing such load on a motorway will drunk it was bound to happen just lucky no other person, kids or animals were hurt

serves himself right, now every time he looks at his damage boat , he will remember what a f/wit he was and suffer horribly anxious dread inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Completely agree!

I was out on Saturday and I even remember thinking to myself on the water "why risk all of this for grog?" I know people do, but fair dinkum if all you want to do is get hammered, then save yourself the effort of putting a boat on the water and either go to a pub or stay home. Innocent people could have been injured or worse because of that clown.

I bet he receives very little sympathy.
    Jack.

Most deafinatly a wake up call to the bloke hopefully it changes his view on grog, over $100,000 worth there and insurance wont cover it

Who cares about the boat he could have killed someone either in his own vehicle or some random innocent