Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat accident deaths

Boat accident deaths

Wow... this sounds like a horrible thing...poor buggas…..RIP.....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-...83Or95SQoZVI7I

Re: Boat accident deaths

Very sad. You go fishing and don’t get to go home.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bloody terrible. Amazing that the report said the boys knew the area and seas were calm? Feel for their loved ones. That’s some serious damage for what looks to be Sailfish cat. RIP.

Not good Condolences to their families.

looks like it was a sharp edged object, hate to think something like a sea container is bobbing around out there!

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ericcs View Post
    looks like it was a sharp edged object, hate to think something like a sea container is bobbing around out there!
    My thoughts exactly considering the boys knew the area so bommies or reef wouldn’t/shouldn’t have been the object you would think. Tragic in any case.

Bombies/ rocks not square edged, you would normally end up airborne. That looks like either a container or navigation marker etc. Something square edged with little give

One guy was from emerald and the other from Mackay father and son in law, pretty tight knit mining and agricultural community will be devastating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

My first thought was that they had hit a container. Plenty of them fall off the ships each year.

It really opened the alloy hull, how do you think a fibreglass hull would hold up to that impact, assuming that it was in a sound condition?

Could have been a whale. The damage isn't dissimilar to that on the VMR Cougar Cat that hit one off Straddie.

Thats very sad to here ,I was thinking they might have hit something left over from the naval exercises that was on up that way recently you would not know what was thrown or feel off those ships and not reported,they will know straight away neither it was rock or metal or whale.

Sad ending to two lives doing probably what they loved, the report in coming weeks will probably note what the cause was from as there will be micro fragments of what they hit left on the hull

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Sad ending to two lives doing probably what they loved, the report in coming weeks will probably note what the cause was from as there will be micro fragments of what they hit left on the hull
    If the ignition stayed on, the gps might be able to atleast show roughly where it happened!

Quote Originally Posted by ericcs View Post
    If the ignition stayed on, the gps might be able to atleast show roughly where it happened!
    If they were running a track it will show exactly where it happened and dependent on brand, possibly the boat speed at the time. Even if the power died on impact, this would still be the case.

For that amount of damage I am surprised both men on board died from impact being in the cabin.
    Something just isn't lining up for me.
    Jack.