Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Boat configuration - centre console, cuddy, runabout

Boats are all about compromise and trade offs. A lot of personal preference and also what types of use it gets.
    Get what you like the look and feel of, then if able jump in a few other types for comparison. You can sell and change (half the enjoyment imo). It may take a few boats before you settle on what you like.

Over last 30 yrs I went from tiller, CC, cuddy tinnes to glass runabouts then went deep V high HP semi cabs where I will stay. They dont bust you up as much, give you a wind break but need more fuel/hp but at least the trip is fun.

Ausfish Silver Member

Smakka,

Hi, lots of schools of thoughts there. I think most people's all rounder will vary to their individual needs/use- leanings. I have owned open Centre / side consoles, cabin boats of various sizes- alloy ploy and glass. All have the strength and weaknesses. I loved a the centre side/ console - tossing lures to schooling fish , bommies/structures etc but in some climates I was worse for wear at the end of the day. Maybe suited more for the keen fishos who use active fishing styles. Sometimes wears thin with mum - family members unless they too fit the keen fisho bill. Cabin boats, of course, offer that shelter elements, storage, bit of privacy etc- I loved that style for fishing offshore - and few over nighters in the bay etc... but thats was just the lad and myself. I have decide my next power boat will be that compromise of a centre cabin, alloy- good fishing access of a centre but a bit more shelter- maybe throw of bit extra sun protection etc. Love the ride of glass but appreciate the knock around of the alloy - also polys are very good on that aspect. All the best in the your adventures.

and the winner is .....disorderly with his new boat on best all round configuration for purpose.. yeah naa cant beat those walk around cabins.

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    and the winner is .....disorderly with his new boat on best all round configuration for purpose.. yeah naa cant beat those walk around cabins.
    Yeah definitely a good choice for us guys that are old and soft....

When I was younger I was quite happy to just grab a lifejacket for a pillow and stretch out for the night on my side of the deck in fish blood and squashed pilchards .also made it pretty easy to just reach up and grab the rod if a school of reds moved in during the night ..