Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Haines v19c

Haines v19c

Hey guys I'm looking at buying a v19c that has been repowerd with 2012 Yamaha fourstroke with less than a 100hrs and has a 585 furuno and is quite tidy but has never being rebuild what do you guys recon is it work 25k? It is a turn key boat so atleat I can go fishing straight away

Re: Haines v19c

Probably best to separate each item boat, trailer, egine and value each, 25K is a lot of money for a 40 year old boat no matter what condition its in but u do paya royalty for it being a haines hunter

i personaly don't see that kind of value in old boats be it a really good highly sort after model or something else but that's just me, Guys out there will pay it

Have a look on boat sales at what you get for 25K in the size range you are looking for and then decide. If everything is sound (boat, motor and trailer) , it's probably not a bad buy. Anything more modern for the same money will probably only have an old school two stroke.

Factor in another $10k to do floor, stringers and transom.

[QUOTE=Homer_Jay;1660212]Factor in another $10k to do floor, stringers and transom.[

Sounds like the voice of experience there....I bought a Haines 565 14 years ago and spent $5000..doing soft floors ..seat bases fuel tank other repairs....
    ...strangely transom and stringers were fine,and remain so.But I do agree ..in your figuring of price...leave money available for fixing things.

Haines v19c

What year model is the one you are looking at

I found 3 19c’s for sale. $18k (88 model), $24,990 (85 model) and $37,500 (78 model)

They obviously still bring dollars. So if the floor stringer and transom are solid, may be a good buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

[QUOTE=inveratta;1660220]
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer_Jay View Post
    Factor in another $10k to do floor, stringers and transom.[

Sounds like the voice of experience there....I bought a Haines 565 14 years ago and spent $5000..doing soft floors ..seat bases fuel tank other repairs....
    ...strangely transom and stringers were fine,and remain so.But I do agree ..in your figuring of price...leave money available for fixing things.
    Yeah mate had a 19c now sold.
    When you see the floor come up, you realise how dodgy some of these boats were put together back then (mine was mid 70's).
    Add in a rewire and fixing bit's and bob's along the way, it can add up quick.

Great boat the 19C. I would just recommend for old mate not to over pay and factor in the extra $$ just in case.

There is a video of a V19C in the rough lolks to handle it ok but looks like a wet ride in what appears to be about 3 meters of chop

Thanks guys I'm still not sure what todo they seem very hard to find so I don't have many choices

Quote Originally Posted by Homer_Jay View Post
    Factor in another $10k to do floor, stringers and transom.

I could build a 19ft expoy composite boat for 10k and have change.

Can't say that video conveys a soft ride, don't be fooled by "ledgendary" brand names in older boats, most were very poorly constructed with cheap materials

The TV show Hook Line and Sinker is featuring one in it's project boat segment. He has completely rebuilt it with thermolite stringers and transom. Though from what it cost they might have been able to just buy a new boat!

Quote Originally Posted by billfisher View Post
    The TV show Hook Line and Sinker is featuring one in it's project boat segment. He has completely rebuilt it with thermolite stringers and transom. Though from what it cost they might have been able to just buy a new boat!
    One of the glassers on FB showed there pictures about 5 months ago had the one of the two guys in the pictures worth checking out but f... it would have been mighty expensive from memory the gasser used thermolite to redo their spashwell into a modern look looked really nice but the boat looks small'ish

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Can't say that video conveys a soft ride, don't be fooled by "ledgendary" brand names in older boats, most were very poorly constructed with cheap materials
    Those seas look 1.5m in the video we all know that doubles when your out there camera is hard mounted so no soft'ish looking blows what u see is what the guys are dealing with my little 4.5m glass Silverline bangs a lot harder than these guys lol u have to watch all of that video as they swap and change the ride thru the video

Quote Originally Posted by 94patrol View Post
    Thanks guys I'm still not sure what todo they seem very hard to find so I don't have many choices
    You may not have many choices because of your choice the Haines are well known and are probably the most popular old school boat around why don't u look into getting a nice Formular 23?