Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Haines v19c

Re: Haines v19c

I would love a 233 but the v19 will be the biggest I can store at my house have looked buying new but don't get much for the 25-35k price range I only fish off shore so don't want a tin can

Can u give us an idea on what max length on trailer and width of your storage? The F233 is a mad boat

They're good but if you only go boating in nice weather which a lot of us do then there's a lot of overhead in towing, launching, horsepower, weight and deep v in the water thats not required.

nothing else tickles your fancy , its just those old haines hunters usauslly need restoring. big $$$
    Got to agree those two didnt seem to be enjoying the ride in the legendry v19c. probably better of chasing a signiture , better value for your money.

Went and inspected the 19 today and will not be buying floor was soft and drumy and is simply not worth the money.is their any other deep v 6m half cabins that people would recommend?

any boat over 10 years old may have a suspect floor
    unless its been done super recent with receipts to prove it expect to replace a transom and floor in any late 70s to early 90s hull

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 94patrol View Post
    Went and inspected the 19 today and will not be buying floor was soft and drumy and is simply not worth the money.is their any other deep v 6m half cabins that people would recommend?
    The Tournament pleasure boat 1900 Bluewater cabin boat has a 21 degree deadrise and are now owned by the Haines boys. No timber in the floor since 2008. I have the same hull but in a centre console configuration. There is some good buys on this hull and are underrated in my humble opinion. Not sure where you live, but happy take you for a spin if you want. I’m at Beachmere.

Plenty to choose from. Personally I run a Seafarer Victory but there are good hulls an a lot of other stables too. Allison, Yalta, Tournament, Haines Signature, Cruisecraft and Haines Hunter to name a few.

I agree with Scottar, check out the Seafarer Victory.
    I don’t own one but have fished out of one a few times. Ride as good as a 19c and I believe the Seafarers were better build quality than many from 90s onwards.

Might need to to stretch the budget a bit more than an old haines though.

I reckon if buying an old haines, buy cheap and get it rebuilt yourself. I seen a 19c on a reasonable trailer for about $6k recently.
    Something like that you could put $30k into new outboard and rebuild and have as good as a new boat for mid $30s

Ausfish Platinum Member

I was going to suggest an older Caribbean Reefrunner, but it sounds like you really want to stay down to a 19 footer if you can't fit anything bigger in your shed. The Reerunner would absolutely murder an old haines for ride, much heavier and with a deep vee. They were the gold standard in southern australia for ride --I worked in the abalone industry in South Oz in the early seventies, and the big boats were the Reefrunners. No Haines. Only 1 Sharkcat out of Pt Lincoln in those days, he was the first bloke to develop the sharkcage and needed the space. You either had a Reefrunner or went small with a tinny you could launch anywhere.
    Older Reefrunners still command a good price, low-mid twenties at least, and would doubtless need some work done if it hadn't already been. And they were mostly ( all?) inboards. The re-design was issued in 1993, IIRC, with a slight hull re-design. The original Reefrunner was the Bertram 20 ( as their 2300 today is still the Bertram 23 mould) . The redesign reduced the transom deadrise to 21 deg from 23 deg, to remove the issues of poor low speed performance and excessive hp requirements all deep-vee'd hulls have. The topsides were completely re-designed to bring it up to date. But even the cheapest of those update models would be setting you back near 40K.

always did like the look of the reef runner, considered buying one numerous times, just looks like it can go places

Believe it or not this may be a great bargain a soft floor is a goo reason to haggle a rather cheap haines boat use it to your full advantage, try to find other problems with it to hence low balling a figure to the owner i think the owner knows the floor is spongey hence the sale he probably doesnt have the coin or want to invest in an old boat you can use this to your full advantage

instead of buying a done up boat for 25k 30k buy something for 15k and spend 15k on rebuilding it stronger than ever before and keep all your paper work for if u ever sell it, if u rebuild it you know u have a solid boat not a boat u lay down 30k and in 5 years its rotted and rooted

^ yep what he said

What are the pulleys on the winch post??

TMC