Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New bag and size limits as of today

New bag and size limits as of today

https://bit.ly/2IOorg8
    Go to qld fisheries site for new bag and size limits as of today ,oh and closed fishing for snapper July and August.
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Re: New bag and size limits as of today

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    https://bit.ly/2IOorg8
    Go to qld fisheries site for new bag and size limits as of today ,oh and closed fishing for snapper July and August.
    Also closed for Pearlies....
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Certainly looks like state labour didn't learn much from the Fed labour election lessons

sharpen the pencils

BigE

Yep. Yet again, the token effort of public consultation makes an absolute mokery of the process. They already knew what they wanted and were going to implement it anyway.

Does anyone know what the maximum allowable (commercial) take for snapper and pearlies was prior to these changes?

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Certainly looks like state labour didn't learn much from the Fed labour election lessons

sharpen the pencils

BigE
    Iv been on the road up here in North and central Queensland since February and labor have no chance ,they are way on the nose up here let me tell you . This will just add to their woes the gooses . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by Bremic View Post
    Does anyone know what the maximum allowable (commercial) take for snapper and pearlies was prior to these changes?
    There was no TAC previously and this change will see a reduction of around 30% in the commercial Snapper and Pearl Perch take from previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremic View Post
    There wasn't any.
    Oops, didn't see Aussies post. The govt wanted to introduce them back in 2008 but the commercial sector put up all sorts of claims about managing the fisheries themselves. Had to happen eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Iv been on the road up here in North and central Queensland since February and labor have no chance ,they are way on the nose up here let me tell you . This will just add to their woes the gooses . Matt
    I'm surprised they didn't make the announcement by poster on the side of a bus !!!!! LOL.... just so out of touch with ordinary workin people.

BigE

Going by the new regs you can take 2 times the per person limit if your in a boat by yourself as i have read it 2 times the limit per boat it doesnt state the number of fishers in the boat ,it should have read no more than 2 times the limit when more than 2 fishers are in a boat the way I see it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Going by the new regs you can take 2 times the per person limit if your in a boat by yourself as i have read it 2 times the limit per boat it doesnt state the number of fishers in the boat ,it should have read no more than 2 times the limit when more than 2 fishers are in a boat the way I see it lol.
    The limit per person still applies as I’m aware! solo 4 snapper, 8 persons 8 snapper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

At the end of the day we aren’t affected too much by the new regs.
    We now keep 4 bigger pearlies and only take 1 mate fishing at a time for snapper.
    The one month closure has the biggest impact but hopefully giving the snapper and pearlies a month to reproduce during their breeding season should help the population and improve the other 11 months catch rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    I think you will need a good lawyer to win that one, boat limits and person limits are enforced, being on your own doesn't mean you can catch the boat limit, trying to twist words is what gets people into trouble.

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

I think it has been poorly executed, to enforce the new regs on the same day they are released but not having updated material available for everyone including those who don't have internet access is always asking for trouble.
    I see they have restricted areas on the Coomera river but are still yet to have any maps showing the restricted areas at all.

As much as I dislike the idea of not being able to fish for snapper for a few weeks and being limited to 8 snapper on the boat, I am hoping this will come out as positive for me as I will be pushed to better target other species which I normally wouldn't spend the time.

The other nuisance is the crab pot tags, I regularly share pots with my father. From what I can see, I will just put multiple tags on each pot for anyone who might use it.

What are the changes to crab pot tags?!