Thread: Wathumba Creek Camping Info?

Wathumba Creek Camping Info?

Hi all, looking for a few pointers from anyone who has been into Wathumba creek in their boat on the westerrn side of fraser. There's few of us (3 boats 3 families) looking to do 2 or max 3 nights boat based camping on the northern spit side of wathumba creek (teebing beach camping zone) in october (launch hervey bay). Camp in swags, keep it simple. Having only ever driven in to the camp ground on the south side from orchid beach for a look see i was keen to hear from anyone who has camped on the north spit side or in their boats and has been in there recently, any fesh local knowledge good.

- As far as i know you can still get boats into the creek with about half a tide, just like to confirm thats this is still the case and it hasn't sanded up given no rain?
    - Where exactly is the campground or is the whole spit a beach camping zone (seems like that from the parks maps).
    - Thinking we should be able to moore the boats in that deep channel on the nort side and campe either behind them or close to wherever we can find a bit if grass, seemslike there is grassy area down toward the seaward end of the spit.

Any first hand knowledge of above would be great.

Note, i know the buggs are thick over their and services are slim, hence just a couple of nights roughing it and some familly boating/fishing/exploring.

Scott

Re: Wathumba Creek Camping Info?

I haven’t been there myself but I saw something the other day about something being exposed or sunken in the creek can’t remember what though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wathumba Creek Camping Info?

Quote Originally Posted by Out-Station View Post
    Hi all, looking for a few pointers from anyone who has been into Wathumba creek in their boat on the westerrn side of fraser. There's few of us (3 boats 3 families) looking to do 2 or max 3 nights boat based camping on the northern spit side of wathumba creek (teebing beach camping zone) in october (launch hervey bay). Camp in swags, keep it simple. Having only ever driven in to the camp ground on the south side from orchid beach for a look see i was keen to hear from anyone who has camped on the north spit side or in their boats and has been in there recently, any fesh local knowledge good.

- As far as i know you can still get boats into the creek with about half a tide, just like to confirm thats this is still the case and it hasn't sanded up given no rain?
    - Where exactly is the campground or is the whole spit a beach camping zone (seems like that from the parks maps).
    - Thinking we should be able to moore the boats in that deep channel on the nort side and campe either behind them or close to wherever we can find a bit if grass, seemslike there is grassy area down toward the seaward end of the spit.

Any first hand knowledge of above would be great.

Note, i know the buggs are thick over their and services are slim, hence just a couple of nights roughing it and some familly boating/fishing/exploring.

Scott
    Hi scott tried sending you a message but your storage is full

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Hey mate have a chat to Neil and Lyn at Jones Tackle they've been taking their boat into Wathumba for years now

Marto, thanks, will do, Jason, ill give you a shout.
    Scott