Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Poachers

Re: Poachers

Yep that has certainly done my head in

hahaha "beergood" what a name, love it! says it all...

Back on topic.
    A more realistic result perhaps? (If the link works)

https://www.bnbfishing.com.au/illega...ng-hefty-fine/

Should have had his boat scuttled for a new reef.
    In my opinion only.... which I have absolutely no desire or intention to justify. Lol

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    You talk about effective fisheries management …… but here is a case of ignoring "fisheries management" Marine parks being part of the management strategy.
    Unfortunately there are a hell of a lot of fishoes …. both pro & rec who flout the rules if not outright break them.

I'm quite happy that we do have marine parks because it is perhaps the only way we can effectively manage fisheries. …… sadly the fines don't go far enough.

Chris
    But wait, hang on. We were told by your mate Anna Bligh that Marine parks weren’t about fisheries management but about habitat protection. It was very clearly stated to dispel the “fear mongers”.

marine parks are all about buying green votes to appease inner city vegan voters.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Just re-read the article I posted above.
    Licence cancelled for non payment of fees..?

What about total disregard for the law on numerous occasions?

Hopefully he can't get his licence reinstated and doesn't have another in his filing cabinet.

Still not quite there yet apparently.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    But wait, hang on. We were told by your mate Anna Bligh that Marine parks weren’t about fisheries management but about habitat protection. It was very clearly stated to dispel the “fear mongers”.

marine parks are all about buying green votes to appease inner city vegan voters.
    Marine parks are world wide . ….. so where does Anna Bligh come into it ?.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Chris
    Australian marine parks, according to the legislation, are enacted in order to 'preserve biodiversity'. So the government is admitting that they are not about fisheries management.

Quote Originally Posted by billfisher View Post
    Australian marine parks, according to the legislation, are enacted in order to 'preserve biodiversity'. So the government is admitting that they are not about fisheries management.
    How do you figure that preserving biodiversity isn't directly related to fisheries management?

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    How do you figure that preserving biodiversity isn't directly related to fisheries management?
    Well they are quite different things. And a hint of that might be that marine parks haven't ben initiated by any of our fisheries departments. In any case putting the other way round it can't be assumed that fishing reduces biodiversity or that marine parks are the best way to preserve it.

Well they are quite different things. And a hint of that might be that marine parks haven't ben initiated by any of our fisheries departments. In any case putting the other way round it can't be assumed that fishing reduces biodiversity or that marine parks are the best way to preserve it.
    Do you believe this or are you just trolling?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    Do you believe this or are you just trolling?

Matt
    Can't get anything right can you? How is answering a question 'trolling' for a start? And why wouldn't I believe my statements? If you can't offer any counter arguments/ evidence then it's you who is trolling.

Can't get anything right can you? How is answering a question 'trolling' for a start? And why wouldn't I believe my statements? If you can't offer any counter arguments/ evidence then it's you who is trolling.
    I didn't say how can you I asked did you. Anyway good luck with all that. I don't agree with you and am definitely trolling you.

Matt

Chris
    Because the leader of your Labor party in QLD at the time, stated categorically that the introduction of more Marine Parks in QLD had nothing to do with with Fisheries management but wholly and solely about habitat protection.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    Like I said they are not proclaimed to be about fisheries management. Probably because if they were they could be easily shot down like this paper does:

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0107032

Political parties aside, surely it's better to do something, than just talk about shit and do jack all?