Thread: Cape Moreton Tuesday 27 August

Cape Moreton Tuesday 27 August

Had another good trip off Cape Moreton Tuesday. Left spinnaker marina 5.30'ish. headed to Flinders and fished up to Hutchies. All bottom bashing. Caught enough and happy with that but I have seen others getting a lot of snapper I'm missing. I guess I will have to start floating the bait down rather than bottom bouncing. I enjoy the learning curve.

Saw an absolute truckload of whales and some very close. Very majestic but a bit nerve rattling at times. All 3 of us somehow managed to get lines caught by passing whales and quickly spooled metres of line off before cutting off. I don't think I'll anchor again while they are around. Wouldn't want to experience one collecting the anchor rope!

Ended up with a PB 50cm tuskie, 60cm kingie, squire about 45, 2 gold spotted wrasse and a nice Moses. Beautiful day on the water bit I'm already keen to get back out after the snapper I'm missing!

I think my photo has a lot less fish than what I'm seeing on other posts. Have to work on that!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190827_131622692.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	120010

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Cape Moreton Tuesday 27 August

That’s a good haul mate it’s not about the numbers as I only ever bring one or 2 fish home as I fish enough not to freeze my fish .i think it would be a good idea to drift around with whales about I don’t think it would be fun getting tangled up with one..
    anyway nice effort
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Re: Cape Moreton Tuesday 27 August

Top effort for a day on the water. I was fishing further south on the 29's and managed 4 pan sized squire. All float lining whole bait. Cheers SS.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Ausfish mobile app