Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bow mount options for a fibreglass half cab

Re: Bow mount options for a fibreglass half cab

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Anyone seen a good water proof two pin plug and socket heavy enough to run a bow mount electric ? ((36v 50A)
    would like a deck socket so I can unplug the bow mount and use the quick release and have the bow mount off for travel or storage.

BigE
    In short - no. They all rely on basic o ring set ups that at some stage seem to let water in. Something that may be worth considering is fitting a cable entry similar to what is used on ships - basically an inverted "U" - bit like this

http://klober.co.uk/shop/product/flavent-cable-outlet

either big enough to pass an Anderson connector through into the anchor well corner to start with preferably just in case you ever get water in. It could be made smaller by leaving the ring terminals on the motor and bring it into the cabin onto a pair of posts with wingnuts.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing111 View Post
    BigE do you know when Aussie Batteries back flipped to start offering a warranty on the Giant batteries used with electric trolling motors? One minute Aussie Batteries say's they won't offer a warranty, and then they do. If it were me I'd get an email from them so you have something in writing if you haven't already done so just to cover yourself. Cheers F111
    I didn't really worry about the warranty side of things. I couldn't afford lithium so i just went with AGM's these were the bigest case size i could fit ib the hatch so i went with them. 140's so they sure be alright.

BigE

BigE

To clarify, my plug is under the coaming out of the spray.

Finished the wiring for the charger and batteries, mounted the MG unit on the bow and have wired up the motor with enough cable to change to a deck plug set up to enable the use of the quick release mount when I find a deck plug and socket that i'm happy with. Looking at the "Battery Tender" trolling motor plug from the US it has some good reviews and looks solid.

BigE
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wiring and batteries , anchor fitted

BigE
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice setup.

Fitted shaft stabiliser today.

BigE