Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bow mount options for a fibreglass half cab

Bow mount options for a fibreglass half cab

Hi guys looking to tap into the experience of other who have seen or done this before,

I'm fitting a Motor Guide 105lbs 36V bow mount to a Yalta 2200 half cab (fibreglass) and was chasing any ideas or pics from anyone who has done this before, I would like to end up with the bow mount running through the centre of the bow rails and angled down the side of the cabin but inside the bow rails and also to be still able to use the plow anchor on the winch for when i overnight (sleep)

haven't seen many of these set ups for glass half cabs so i am looking for ideas on different ways to do this.

BigE

Re: Bow mount options for a fibreglass half cab

Watching with interest but can i ask why motor guide not minkota with auto deploy?

Hi Crunchy
    the auto deploy seems to be the source of most issues in an offshore environment and seems to be a level of complexity that in my case is not really needed, so comparing a manual deploy (MK Vs MG) the motor guide was much cheaper ...... like the entire cost of 3 120 AH batteries and there seemed to be a lot of good reports on the MG gps anchor mode. in the end more than anything it was dollars. (i am still not entirely sure of the cost /benefit scenario)

BigE

so far the MK Ulterra auto deploy have had way too many issues. have a mate who has one, its been back 4 times, they get it working, every time it works once or twice then carks it. he's just about over it. in my case it would have to be auto deploy due to awkwardness of accessing the unit.

OK interesting, I'm in the market and canvassing experiences / ideas. Seem to be Flavour of the month if boat show anything to go by.

Anyone have any knowledge on using lithium batteries .... thinking of using 3 x 75 AH lithium batteries due to space limitations and weight.

Bump ....... any pics of bow mount brackets for a fibreglass??

BigE

sounds like a complicated install, reckon yours would have to be the first on a yalta, sounds like the motor guide is the go for reliability, id get one before the auto deploy, sounds like too many headaches

Best I could fined so far.

Like this set up the most as it keeps the motor inside the bow rails.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Bump ....... any pics of bow mount brackets for a fibreglass??

BigE
    I know Al from Seatrek Marine was making an ally one for one his customers FG Cat. I'll probably call around tomorrow and see if he got any photos.

okay that looks neat, the mount bracket hovering over bow sprit anchor guide. between the rails look good

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    I know Al from Seatrek Marine was making an ally one for one his customers FG Cat. I'll probably call around tomorrow and see if he got any photos.
    Thanks Dignity
    would really appreciate any pics or ideas from anyone who has been down this path.

David Green at Greens Marine Stainless just did one for a big Cruise Craft. The photos are on the QME facebook page as they're fitting the motor up. He made a nice little platform mount in the bow rail.