Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bow mount options for a fibreglass half cab

Re: Bow mount options for a fibreglass half cab

Ordered 140ah AGMs GIANT brand , anyone had any experience with these?

BigE

I have one of their 130 agm's. It is charged by a solar panel when away camping. It has held up well so far, although it won't do as much work as you will require for your electric motor.

The reviews on google are terrible for them. I sent them a few emails and none were returned so enough to turn me off. I read through the 1 star reviews and it seems par for the course, with the owner (i assume) having excuse after excuse on hand. Hope you have a good experience though.

Mi11x's post's are worth a read : https://www.fishraider.com.au/topic/...cycle-battery/

I reckon just stick to Century Marine Pro's. Got two in my diesel boat that have to be about 30 months old. Running the live bait tanks a lot plus cranking a diesel. Can't fault them. Had a set of Lions before that. They just made it out of warranty. Got doughy at about 15 months. Had a Marine Pro on my small boat for the leccy and it is fine but doesn't cop a pizzling. Auto leccy mate fitted Centurys to one of the guides here many years ago and he had a good run from them coming from whatever brand he was using before. I get them from the local Kunda Park Century/Yuasa for a good trade price through him so can't lose in recent times. It did get the two for my big boat at Super Cheap on a good special though, so you just have to keep an eye out. The latest I have heard is the Lithiums are frying the boards on the MKs. Duno about the MGs. The new Garmin leccy is rated to handle Lithiums. Not guna help you as you already have the MG and Garmins are $$$y and in short supply.

Update : haven't done much flat out at work.
    Batteries arrived so I have fitted them in and started the wiring nightmare. will post some pic's for any feedback or thoughts.
    Used straps to secure the batteries got them to fit in the centre hatch so the mid boat and nice N low about 100kg all up.
    Any thoughts on the wiring diagramme? should run as a 36v for the MG and the unplug the MG and use the 12v circuit to charge the 3 batt banks at once.

BigE
    Attached Images Attached Images

Are you charging from the motors or from an AC when at home.

What charger are you going to run? You will want to make sure whatever you use has 3 separate isolated​ outputs if you intend using that wiring diagram.

BigE do you know when Aussie Batteries back flipped to start offering a warranty on the Giant batteries used with electric trolling motors? One minute Aussie Batteries say's they won't offer a warranty, and then they do. If it were me I'd get an email from them so you have something in writing if you haven't already done so just to cover yourself. Cheers F111

Big E, my wiring is identicle to your proposed diagram. Works well. Just a bit of a pain disconnecting power cables before plugging in charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Short Fuse View Post
    Rob Payne recently did up a mounting bracket for a mates 625 Cruise Craft Outsider. The mate did not want to cut his bow rails to fit the Minn Kota so Rob made the mount to sit on top of the rails and still allow him to be able to use the anchor when he needed to. I have a couple of photos of the finished job on my phone. Will forward them to Frank and he can send on to you.
    cheers
    Jeff.
    I think that might the setup I have seen. Looks mint

set up and tested the batt charger today all connectable with anderson plugs. just need to cut and access into the batt compartment and route the cables.

BigE
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Are you charging from the motors or from an AC when at home.
    charging from the AC at home with an onboard charger

Quote Originally Posted by fishtragic View Post
    Big E, my wiring is identicle to your proposed diagram. Works well. Just a bit of a pain disconnecting power cables before plugging in charger.
    Doing mine with andersons one anderson per batt and to charge just disconect the MG and plug in the charger

Anyone seen a good water proof two pin plug and socket heavy enough to run a bow mount electric ? ((36v 50A)
    would like a deck socket so I can unplug the bow mount and use the quick release and have the bow mount off for travel or storage.

BigE

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Anyone seen a good water proof two pin plug and socket heavy enough to run a bow mount electric ? ((36v 50A)
    would like a deck socket so I can unplug the bow mount and use the quick release and have the bow mount off for travel or storage.

BigE
    Anderson plug. I do coat mine in dielectric grease regularly.