Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bow mount options for a fibreglass half cab

Re: Bow mount options for a fibreglass half cab

I think I remember Hook Line and Sinker fitted a bow mount to their Yalta project boat on one show I saw??? Could be wrong
    Pretty neat job from memory....

Here is one out of Ally, the bow rail had to be modified as being a cat there weren't a lot of options.
    Attached Images Attached Images

20190902_123122.jpg20190902_122144.jpgBig E
    I haven't replied sooner because I was in the middle of sorting my bow mount but here is what I've done.
    Mark

Ausfish Platinum Member

Are you going to put some kind of support under that leg up towards the propellor? Looks like it should be secured to a support for travelling in any kind of sea, to stop bouncing?

There will be a cradle and securing strap at the windscreen end if that's what you were referring to.

Hey BigE,
    Check your PM's

TMC

Quote Originally Posted by fishtragic View Post
    20190902_123122.jpg20190902_122144.jpgBig E
    I haven't replied sooner because I was in the middle of sorting my bow mount but here is what I've done.
    Mark
    FT nice bit of work clean and simple , i still debating if i should go this way as well or if i should keep my bow rail and somehow work around it.
    I do like the clean look tho.

BigE

sent you a text
    Thanks

Rob Payne recently did up a mounting bracket for a mates 625 Cruise Craft Outsider. The mate did not want to cut his bow rails to fit the Minn Kota so Rob made the mount to sit on top of the rails and still allow him to be able to use the anchor when he needed to. I have a couple of photos of the finished job on my phone. Will forward them to Frank and he can send on to you.
    cheers
    Jeff.

Thanks Jeff
    got the photos looks like a stellar job very nice .... does height affect the bow mount in the rough? does look good.

The boat belongs to Glenn in Building Services in RC1. Not sure how many times he had had the chance to give it a workout. I will catch up with him over the weekend and get him to give you a call during the week for a chat.

Probably should have added, as suggested by the local MK tech. I put a stainless brace inside the Fwd hatch/anchor locker which is attached to the MK platform leg and bolted to the bulkhead below deck. Solis as a brick outhouse.

Thanks to everyone who shared their knowledge and experience , had a crack and this is what i have come up with. Happy to share and tips with anyone doing the same fit up.
    BigE

This is the trial fit up to get the angles correct.
    BigE

Just need to trim the square edge and and paint then do the final fit up and the electric's, it has work out so i can use the bow mount or the anchor winch depending on what i'm doing.

pretty happy so far still to n fro on what batteries to use.

BigE