Thread: Deep Dropping Lights

Deep Dropping Lights

Keen to get into deep dropping and just purchased a Tanacom 1000 and Daiwa a bent but rod. Now for getting the tackle sorted. Looking at lights to fish at Approx 350m but would love to know what others are using for their set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Deep Dropping Lights

Quote Originally Posted by bden View Post
    Keen to get into deep dropping and just purchased a Tanacom 1000 and Daiwa a bent but rod. Now for getting the tackle sorted. Looking at lights to fish at Approx 350m but would love to know what others are using for their set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    Following

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Tried with lights and without, doesn't seem to make any difference one way or the other.

What about cyalume light sticks ,they are fairly cheap and come in a range of colours . Only problem with them is they are single use only . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

You can buy little ones that work OK, tried long glo sticks, small ones and the little ones, all worked, but when used there appeared to be no more fish with them, but, they can't hurt, we get a lot of Gemfish here deep dropping, and quite often get snipped off, so cheap tackle is often used.

Thanks guys I think i will try a few cheap ones to start with and see how we go. Considered my sounder may not make it to the Bottom I may be just wasting my time anyway but I was given a mark off Portland to try so certainly will be dragging some lures out there as a plan B

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Cheers

Trev