Thread: Camp Shower-What do you use?

Camp Shower-What do you use?

H All,

after some advise pls. Planning a 5 day beach camping trip with the family and need to arrange a shower. There are no facilities here so also looking at some sort of toilet option, not that keen to put a toilet in the Pado after 5 days of use...

what at do you use to shower when camping if there are no facilities? Not to fussed about hot water. Cold showers are fine.

Cheers
    Troy

Re: Camp Shower-What do you use?

canvas bucket shower is all you need.....can boil the kettle if it's too cold.
    Plenty of privy tents out there.
    Jack.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We used the cheap $20 shower bags you can get from the major chain that I don’t think I’m aloud to say (fcb) see what I did there😁. We found that 20l bags was enough for each person. 2 adults and two kids. The key for us was to shower by 4pm or it was pointless. We sat our shower bags on roof of the land rover defender through the day. This included areas of Gippsland Victoria and worked a treat.
    i personally still use these when fishing overnight leaving them on the targa top. Again the key is to wash up before nightfall.

As for the number 2’s shovel, bury and forget.😂

The Ocean !

Blog Entries

Bloody hell Funchy, Id never get out of it!!! except i am always running out of fire wood so it wouldn't last long at my camp site....!

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Time to make use of that again.

Troy, I use the 20litre solar showers, you can easily get 2 washes out of one, get wet, soap up, rinse off. Not sure where you are but I have 2 you can borrow and they even have temp gauges on them but cheap enough to buy. I also have a shower tent you can borrow. Toilets are another issue and depends on where you are camping and associated rules, more info here would help.

I have the piranha version of this.
    https://glind.com.au/store/packs-sys...-most-popular/

Bit more money and permanent but is great even when the sun isn't around. Shower 2 families of 4 for a couple of weeks at a time. Mine has been in my last 3 cars now and still great.

Toilet wise a portipotty isn't bad. Use enough of the right chemical and empty before it gets to bursting point.

Matt

20l bucket with a 12v camp shower works well. We also use the solar heated bags but then empty them into the bucket for showers, mix in cold or hot to get the temp right then go for it.
    You can get canvas travel bags for a porta pot if you are worried about transport. Had one for years - they don't leak.
    nil carborundum illegitimi

Here's my 20 year old DIY shower. Roll of copper pipe coiled inside ally tube on single burner. Never failed.
    25litre container = 2 continuous hot steaming showers and some left for the dishes.

Screenshot_2019-10-21-09-53-40.jpg