Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 795 mega build

795 mega build

Howdy all, we get a fair whack of interest at some of the more interesting boats that come through that we get to build, work with and outfit. so i figure as we have just started our latest build for a long term client. A jeanneau Merry fisher Marlin 795
    I thought i would bring you along for the journey

So a little back story,
    The client had a 8mt aluminium hardtop boat , fairly customized however it pretty much was a 2 seater and rather exposed, their children , friends and family didnt quite enjoy it as a day boat.
    So they traded it in on the Marlin, partially because its a bit quieter and softer being glass, it has an e closed wheelhouse, Head, bed etc so... a lot more family friendly , fishing room is about the same but beamier and a fair whack more stable.. Twin 150s was exchanged for a single verado 300v8 mercury.

So here we are.

We have pulled a bunch of cabling through the boat for the outfit , but ill ignore all that for now. first major step was stainless steel

We wanted all chunky 32mm, we fabricated a rocket launcher that wraps around the side and over the top, doubling as extra grab rails, and solar panel frame work, we added some returns along the front to allow for the extra Hella lights.

Snapper racks are big here in oz, so the removerable corner snapper racks were a must with cast stainless rod holder tubes.

The bait board is one of our custom calypso boards " still fabricating the final one, this one pictured is just a display prototype"

centre mount spreader bars also featuring 32mm and cast rod tubes.

We removed the factory boarding rail and replaced it with 4 32mm taller rails to just add a bit of stability and chunkyness to the boat.

not pictured is the stainless 32mm bow protector frame on the trailer, ill get some photos once the fabric is attached.

So here we go.. soilder on! some fun toys going into this boat!

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Re: 795 mega build

Very nice; good to have a suitable budget.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Very nice! Is that a solar panel with the white trim or a hatch? If it’s a solar panel I want one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    Very nice! Is that a solar panel with the white trim or a hatch? If it’s a solar panel I want one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    no that is the sliding sunroof
    we have 2x 80w panels being mounted to the roof rails (you can just make out the mounting tabs we welded to attach them)

www.moosemarine.com.au

Certainly looks like a well finished boat. Never understood the fascination with Snapper racks though.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

So few more things progressing on this boat "whilst a few other big projects go on around it"

We are going to tell with Hella marine lighting, (as you can see in a bunch of the boxes left behind). We are fitting Hella courtesy lighting in the 4 forward steps, 2 in the front walk around, 2 in the rear boarding area around fuel fillers and entry points. I really like these little lights, they angle downwards. they have a great stainless finish. and now they only require one small 6mm hole for mounting where as in the past they required a small rectangle to be cut out.
    Attachment 119983Attachment 119984

For rear flood lights we are installing Hella Seahawk XL dual colour lights, with red/white switchable. I love these lights, partially because they have great illumination and throw/spread but by not using a power coated body i wont have to deal with corrosion or blistering from salt.
    Attachment 119985
    In the swim platforms we are also mounting Hella seahawk R recessed flood lights, these are to illuminate the waters surface without flooding the boats cockpit with light, this is something we have only recently started doing to boats as people are spending considerable time fishing at night here in victoria, and not wanting to ruin night vision yet see the waters surface is needed. (also having under water lights but ill talk about them later)

Still plenty more to come

Moose

www.moosemarine.com.au

Ausfish Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Certainly looks like a well finished boat. Never understood the fascination with Snapper racks though.

It's a Melbourne thing--they're different down there

hahah yeah its a cold long winter here, we like to amuse ourselves by counting rod holders

www.moosemarine.com.au

Ausfish Platinum Member

Have a look at the sailfish video I just posted up in the Fishing Videos sub-forum--the AP you supplied gets a lot of use, even for simple stuff like getting footage of an about to released sail, when you only have 2 POB, and need to run hands free downwind at idle, while one hangs on and the other films. It sold that bloke on owning one.

Shallow water fishing at anchor. I run a similar setup via rod holder inserts for chasing whiting down the Nerang at night. Being able to strike without first having to lift the rod can make all the difference some days.

So i do love my high quality here, and as an audiophile when i wanted to add some speakers to this build i opted to go for Fusion signature series with the classic white grill. , this boat is going to have enough lights on it so LED speakers wasnt exactly needed (plus it would look way out of place) now those who know me would say "why didnt you put Alderwood speakers in" which is a fair call, Alderwood do make insanely high quality audiophile speakers, though at $650 a speaker the budget didnt quite stretch that far.
    That said these titanium and carbon fibre signature series speakers still sound great!

More lights going in
    Two hella seahawk 7w white lights up on the roof rails to illuminate the side of channels (i will talk about the FLIR later)
    Two Hella XLR series on the rear cockpit roof for flooding up the rod tips and fishing work space.
    Blue live well tank light (something very funky happening there)
    and 8 Hella blue, stainless surround courtesy lights for the steps, walk around and swim platforms

www.moosemarine.com.au

........... Never understood the fascination with Snapper racks though.
    Horses for courses I guess,I wouldn't fish anchored for Snapper without them......Must definitely be a Mexican thing.

looks good ,

Attachment 120102
    just a sneeky shot at the new flooring we have installed

www.moosemarine.com.au

Ausfish Platinum Member

You seem to be allowed about 95 rods per angler in Vic, judging by some fishing videos I've seen, which would explain the snapper rack thing. Back of the boat looks like a porcupine. or is it just four--8 rods looks like a lot with two blokes on board.Other states restrict that to varying degrees.