Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: S.A. considers 3 year ban on snapper fishing.

Re: S.A. considers 3 year ban on snapper fishing.

So good to see so many of the younger generation taking up this pastime .
    Always thought if you can get your Children into Sports n Recreation activities its part of the battle won in keepting them from other harmfull interests.

Wild krill stocks are depleted from warming waters. Once they go the foundations will crumble and the whole lot will go in a matter of years. Fill your boots while you can. 50 years from now fishing will be like the horse and cart in Australia.

Warming waters dont think is a new thing to the this Planet and survived
    Population the size as its going isnt though.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Warming waters dont think is a new thing to the this Planet and survived
    Population the size as its going isnt though.
    Exactly! The elephant in the room that no one wants to debate on, restrict the population and everything else falls into place but governments won’t ever go for it as population growth is also economic growth (to an extent)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Don't hear anyone saying ban the Krill fishermen, thousands of tonnes are caught to make capsules that are supposed to help Arthritis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    Exactly! The elephant in the room that no one wants to debate on, restrict the population and everything else falls into place but governments won’t ever go for it as population growth is also economic growth (to an extent)

do you realise that the worlds population has jumped over 5.5 billion people in just 100 years

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    do you realise that the worlds population has jumped over 5.5 billion people in just 100 years

Chris
    Pretty scary! And everyone needs shelter,needs food, wants products! I’m going to put it out there and say that the Chinese may have been onto something with the one child policy

There are plenty of reports of meter long kingfish being caught/ lost around Sydney recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Don't hear anyone saying ban the Krill fishermen, thousands of tonnes are caught to make capsules that are supposed to help Arthritis.
    Is there krill commercial fishing in Australia?

S.A. considers 3 year ban on snapper fishing.

People have raised the climate debate. This proposed 3 year ban has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Climate.

It’s all about over fishing and depleted stocks. We do need to do something from time to time - ban, bag limits, sizing, etc and if this means decreasing the catch of commercial fishermen for local or overseas distribution, so be it.

Increased patrols checking catch numbers and size wouldn’t be a bad idea. I regularly see people that have undersized fish, but not worth telling them when they have the knife in their hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Seen some pretty heated arguments at the Southport spit when we used to paddle over T.O.S surfing, don’t want to sound racist but was always asians filleting bream that would have been lucky to be 15cm! The ole “speak no English” card usually gets pulled out!

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    People have raised the climate debate. This proposed 3 year ban has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Climate.

It’s all about over fishing and depleted stocks. We do need to do something from time to time - ban, bag limits, sizing, etc and if this means decreasing the catch of commercial fishermen for local or overseas distribution, so be it.

Increased patrols checking catch numbers and size wouldn’t be a bad idea. I regularly see people that have undersized fish, but not worth telling them when they have the knife in their hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    Not exactly as there hasn't been a significant spawning even in the St Vincents Gulf since the early 2000's. This suggests an environmental factor. Fishing just exacerbates the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post

It's just Ponzi style growth which does not benefit us as individuals. Eg look at Japan which has a falling population but respectable GDP per capita growth.

It really is amazing how far social engineering has come ..... it is almost a repent for your sins session.

BigE

Quote Originally Posted by billfisher View Post
    It's just Ponzi style growth which does not benefit us as individuals. Eg look at Japan which has a falling population but respectable GDP per capita growth.
    But Japan has a real problem with an aging population - something like 1/4 of the population is aged over 65 & as it has a low birth rate and is pretty well a mono cultural society they have a big big problem .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO