Thread: Axiom 9 Pro/B175M screenshots

Ausfish Platinum Member

Axiom 9 Pro/B175M screenshots

Just back from my annual trip up to Ningaloo station, camping on the beach fully self sufficient and with a smorgasboard of fishing ranging from shallow water thru sails and marlin to deep drop all within a few miles. I've avoided bottom bashing up there for decades--I know a big lump of lead with two big hooks above it is the be-all and end- all of fishing for a lot of people, but I used to do that for a living, time to time, for a long time, and it doesn't offer much attraction. Much rather chase sails, marlin, wahoo, etc. Anyway, preparing for this year, I took one of the old Alvey Reefmasters off the wall in the shed where they have sat for 15 years, cleaned it up, put 600m of braid(!) on it , and bought some big sinkers, having melted all mine down earlier for various other projects. Also had a Fin-Nor 9500 loaded with 80lb braid, which, with 1 metre per turn of the handle retrieve, would do the job out to 100m. Thought I'd shut up the crew with their constant questions about Red Emperor and why can't we catch some. I'll get you pulling in 120m of line with a 2lb sinker and a bloody red throat on the end a few dozen times, that'll cure you .
    So, one day the weather was perfect, the pelagics were unco-operative, so we went out a couple of miles and dropped over in around 80 m baited up with fresh-caught skipjack. Drift was perfect, I found fish, they bloody loved it, of course. I caught the red, but there was a mix of goldband, rankins, spangled emperor, all the usual suspects. all in a bout an hour and a half. My cunning plan had backfired, they bloody loved it.

These are some screenshots from that session, the ones sitting high are Goldband.

Anyway , the wind blew up for a while after that , so I didn't have to do that again, concentrate on catching sails. Then a bloke campednear us had to go back to the farm for a few weeks, insisted I try his electrics. left me 2 Shimano 9000s, a Beastmaster and a Plays. I copped some ragging about that,but, when I couldn't avoid it any longer, put them on board.
    So, another calm day , back out to the 80's . got the hang of them, bagged out on Goldband and came close with others, so i said it was time to really try them out, so went looking further out. Found a big drop from 275 down to 290, the Axiom was marking very strongly. I'm running too much gain ( auto plus about 25%), not wanting to miss anything, hence the dirty picture.but we got a small Ruby, our first, then I managed a 23kg greyband. Well, the reel managed it, with some careful use of power, took some shifting.

So now it looks like I have to fork out for a couple of deep drop combos. The breaks in the last picture are due to turning on full lock through my own wake.
    Big thumbs up to Chocolate Moose for supplying the gear.

Re: Axiom 9 Pro/B175M screenshots

Great report. Great pictures And great results there too. What a trip you had.
    Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like a good trip well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey mate..........sigh.. im humbled and oh so jealous!!!

im just going to go sit over here by my 38cm bream and cry a little.

But kudos on an excellent trip!

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au