Thread: lowrance

lowrance

Viewing Lowrance hook 2 7 .USR file on computer

how do i open usr files from the cd card

Re: lowrance

You need software like EasyGPS to be able to read it. GPSBabel is also a useful tool, it all depends on what you want to do with the data.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    You need software like EasyGPS to be able to read it. GPSBabel is also a useful tool, it all depends on what you want to do with the data.
    are the maps free in easygps

Quote Originally Posted by 39NESP View Post
    Viewing Lowrance hook 2 7 .USR file on computer

how do i open usr files from the cd card
    What program are you running on the computer? If it is Mapsource or Homeport, I use GPSbabel to convert .usr files to .gdb files.

Quote Originally Posted by 39NESP View Post
    are the maps free in easygps
    Homeport has basic maps but not contour lines or nav marks, generally you need to copy these to your SD card from the unit then it will read them. navigation maps are expensive little beasts and they're well protected so you can't copy and transfer them. Oziexplorer is a good program but it's not free, if you have access to a large scanner you can scan the maps in, triangulate them and off you go. It is one of the best around and it is home grown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Homeport has basic maps but not contour lines or nav marks, generally you need to copy these to your SD card from the unit then it will read them. navigation maps are expensive little beasts and they're well protected so you can't copy and transfer them. Oziexplorer is a good program but it's not free, if you have access to a large scanner you can scan the maps in, triangulate them and off you go. It is one of the best around and it is home grown.
    unless you know a guy who knows a guy....

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    What program are you running on the computer? If it is Mapsource or Homeport, I use GPSbabel to convert .usr files to .gdb files.
    thanks for that but got it all sorted on easygps works fine
    cheers snap