Thread: Breaksea 29/07

Breaksea 29/07

Hi all decided to have a crack at getting over the top of the breaksea spit yesterday
    Left the ramp at Burrum at 4 in the morning had a hard trip north into a incoming tide with a south westerly but eventually got to the top of the spit about 100 kms and then another 10 to the first drop
    Started off pretty slow a good tuskie and a couple of hussar
    Went out to the 50-60 metre line and got a couple more fish but the taxman gave me curry on every decent fish I hooked so I went back in a bit closer to try and get away from him
    Found a good drift line and picked up a few more fish then thought I would go looking out wide again
    Found a good bommie and got a few Maori cod and bricked a few times it was pretty hectic for 2-3 hours decided to head back at around 330 got back to the ramp just before 7
    258 kms for the day solo trip was totally stuffed but glad I finally got out there for a look hell of a lot of structure out there was pretty awesome and the whales where having a ball
    Could have nearly bagged out but I was only keeping the better fish hoping for a legal red it’s got to happen eventually 3 trips in 5 days for just over 700 kms Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1961.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	119776Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1963.jpg 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	119777

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1972.JPG 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	119775  

Re: Breaksea 29/07

Great job well done, a very keen effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice effort sometimes the solo trip are awesome
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmfun View Post
    Nice effort sometimes the solo trip are awesome
    Solo 90% of the time first trip was up towards Lady Elliot it was pretty lumpy 10-15 knots was hard fishing but managed some good Trevally on the jigs
    Second trip took the brother weather was better but fishing was slow ended up near the NW Breaksea got Trevally and a few reefies the brother got a big flowery cod but it was 5 cm over but was good to have company for a change Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1960.jpg 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	119779