Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: high output engines!

Re: high output engines!

Quote Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
    Funny how HO in marine world seems different to cars.
    I have a HO motor in my car and it runs same block / capacity as standard. But things like forged crankshaft / camshaft / stronger main bearings / better intake / bigger injectors / different head-combustion chambers / pistons for higher compression / exhaust valves and springs , different PCM programming etc.
    And what that does, is gives 40 more hp than stock. It's a 4wd not a race car so not over the top, but sounds like the marine industry has placed it's own take on HO.
    Really need to see full specs for both marine engines, the stock and HO, and should be able to tell if it is putting out more ponies or not or just delivering the same hp in different manners /revs. If I missed the specs somewhere I apologise
    Interesting topic
    Cheers
    Muz
    I'm intrigued Muzza. To have all that extra engineering for 40 measly hp flies in the face of modern car marketing. An ECU tune alone would do it without the extra cost. (Not saying thats the right way...just surprised is all) What vehicle is it?

Oh and I agree with Shakey...marketing BS.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Re: high output engines!

Yeah, agree but it is only a 4.7 hemi in a Jeep, can probly jump that up with aftermarket tunes.
    Not meant to be a performance vehicle by any means but goes ok with 270hp and tows and drives nicely.
    Plus it's 15 years old. :-) and can get me on the beach to fish
    Sorry I took this off topic if anyone wants to discuss 4wd and hemi's post in the 4wd section, happy to talk there and answer questions
    Back to marine engines on this one
    Cheers
    Muz