Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kevlacat 2400

Re: Kevlacat 2400

Ok, New Suzukis have been ordered and will be put on when we get to Qld, just going through prop selection and thinking Solas 4 blade 19p we do a bit of diving so carry 3 guys and dive gear, or when we fish we usually have 3 people and a fair bit of gear, so what’s thoughts 19 or 21 or just try both? Solas better than Suzuki props? Thanks everyone for your help, got a couple of real good Yamaha 115s if anyone interested, there is a guy that is interested

You will have your answer once you run the boat a few times, just check max rpm with all your gear and people on board. I run 3 blade stainless genuine suzuki props on my glacier bay and am more than happy with their performance. I might just get them tuned and balanced. my df140a suzukis spin up to 6100rpm at WOT

4 blades might give you slightly better cruise but less hole shot and less top end..

I would have thought a 4 blade would give better hole shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    I would have thought a 4 blade would give better hole shot!

Yeh normally better holeshot and worse cruise. But may be the opposite on a displacement hull like the GB.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by hilta1 View Post
    Ok, New Suzukis have been ordered and will be put on when we get to Qld, just going through prop selection and thinking Solas 4 blade 19p we do a bit of diving so carry 3 guys and dive gear, or when we fish we usually have 3 people and a fair bit of gear, so what’s thoughts 19 or 21 or just try both? Solas better than Suzuki props? Thanks everyone for your help, got a couple of real good Yamaha 115s if anyone interested, there is a guy that is interested
    Sorry to rehash an oldish thread but are you happy with your choice? It is making my head implode deciding which outboards to choose! After stupidly only just realising that my fuel tanks are only 125L a side assuming they were 180 economy is now at a premium, are you happy with the 140’s and what sort of fuel figures have you been getting

New Yammies have an electroplated cylinder wall instead of a sleeve. That’s why I went for zukes.

To try and cut weight down I’m assuming, I’m going to stick with my gut instinct and go with the mercs, brisbane Marine have given me a good quote so will be ordering them next week, they are letting Al fit them and the steering and they will do the rigging and predelivery

Quote Originally Posted by SkipperGary View Post
    New Yammies have an electroplated cylinder wall instead of a sleeve. That’s why I went for zukes.
    That has some good's and not so good's, The electroplating is a really hard coating but if she goes bang than gets repaired to get the cylinders recoated is quiet expensive for a little motor bike its like 500 bucks a cylinder but the good is if it ruins the cylinder wall u can easily weld it, machine it than re coat it and shes good as new

for me i would rather old school metal sleeve u get a few rebores out of it