Thread: Garmin Force trolling motor

Garmin Force trolling motor

Howdy all,
    Just had 2 days of tech and dealer training with Garmin, and got a first hand play with finally the newly released Force trolling motor,
    Other than the huge stow mechanism "which is very much the flavour in the US" it is a beast of a system. Minnkota are very much on notice it seems.
    Garmins new GM has emphasized that this is a segment they plan to be a real big player in, "and knowing how much $$$ garmin have to play with" i think they will very much succeed

Two things i loved, the remote control with its double A battery life being pretty remarkable. the gesture control , allowing you to just point the remote where you want to go and zoom. and wireless integration on-board.

Make no mistakes, this is a very expensive piece of kit, but it does look the goods - Moose
    IMG_20190725_161024 (1).jpg

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Re: Garmin Force trolling motor

Are they salt water capable yet?
    Jack.

5k and its not even the saltwater version. Tell em theyre dreaming

yep its expensive. but they are pretty clear about not wanting to be in that lower end of the market. there are many brands to chose from in that segment, untill recently there was only one brand in the higher end market with the Minnkonta ulterra . <- still a groovy unit minus a bunch of issues with its deploy mechanism from some

Consider that the Ulterra is $6179

and that the Garmin force has both a wirleless foot pedal "which seems just as fast as cable steer" and the wireless remote "the best remote ive seen for an electric motor" and being the most powerful..... for less than the ulterra... 5k is a lot.. but....... its not

The salt water question got brought up a lot over the last few days.. and yeah a salt water version is coming for sure, the idea Garmin had was to obviously get the US bass scene catered for, its a 600 million dollar a year market versus 12 million a year here in australia. so.. fair enough i guess..... that said,, they have had the Force motor running constantly in a salt water tank for over 10,000 hours as of ICAST a few weeks ago , so far so good.. i dare say the salt water version will have a different paint, anodes and thats prob about it.

food for throught though

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au