Thread: Mooloolaba dredge

Ausfish New Member

Mooloolaba dredge

https://publications.qld.gov.au/data.../2019-339t.pdf
    I am considering a run out of Mooloolaba this weekend, and having not been through the enterance for a few years did a quick search and came up with this gov. link saying dredging has begun this month. So could anyone shed any light if it is safe for trailer boats given this weekends forcast has minimal swell. Thanks

Re: Mooloolaba dredge

I threw a line off the rock wall last weekend and don't recall seeing the dredge. I had my blinkers on though(going fishing) and may not have taken any notice.

Regardless, hen we had a boat, there was never a problem getting past the barge. There are many commercial boats needing to get in and out, so it won't be blocking the channel.

Take care and enjoy the fishing.

Mate you won’t have any issue with the dredge he parks to the side at night but as a bit of courtesy if he is working in the middle just give him a call on the vhf and will give you best directions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Ausfish New Member

Thanks, went out today before dawn with a mass of other boaties as well. No sign of the dredge, and the sand bar was the same as 6-7 years ago. Must be hard on the commercial boats having to plan around the high tide for access. Had a great day even with a light western breeze. Got a PB snap 75 cm as well a decent mixed bag off Murphies reef, well worth the trip.