Thread: Deep dropping rods

Deep dropping rods

Just purchased a Tanacom 750 and now need a rod to suit. I have a M10, and a Gary Howard 24kg stick. These dont have a bent butt but will they do ????
    So what's everyone else using.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Re: Deep dropping rods

Any decent game rod will do, a bent butt is good because it kind of lays out the side, plenty of cheapest ones around, doesn't have to be a "brand name" there is not much high speed involved, shame, I just gave away a really good one, I could have posted it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Any decent game rod will do, a bent butt is good because it kind of lays out the side, plenty of cheapest ones around, doesn't have to be a "brand name" there is not much high speed involved, shame, I just gave away a really good one, I could have posted it to you.
    Bugger

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Maybe invest in a rod holder insert to essentially give you the bent but.

Just make sure it's strong, there is a lot of weight on the rod when you are dead lifting big sinkers and fish from deep water.

The Tagem appears to be a good budget rod.Approx 200 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums