Thread: Whale Advice

Whale Advice

Hi All, looking for a bit of whale advice. Got a visitor or 2 over the next fortnight, thinking we might give them a day on the water and go find some whales, normally i just hit the goldy for the day on such occasions and can find a few humpy's no worries. Was thinking i might give moreton a go this time, drop in at manly, run up the bay, do a bit of whale watching up around the cape (???), picninc at tangas on the way home. Having never really done much boating at all on the bay i was just looking to confirm that finding a whale or 3 up around the front of the cape somewhere shouldn't be a problem right? Is that where the moreton whale watching boats work mostly? Dont want to talk the big whale hunt up and then be a fizzer.

Cheer's, Scott

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Whale Advice

Head out front of Moreton island, launch from Scarborough (weather permitting) and follow the shipping channels (deeper water) and get out front of Moreton. That’s where I’ve had success in whale watching. Will try and upload some photos.

Yep the f&$kers are around the cape...

PS no visitors allowed at tangas so forget that.... good burgers etc at Bulwer

It's been like a plague off the cape.

Thanks all, miight give it a run this weekend if the forecast holds.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    PS no visitors allowed at tangas so forget that.... good burgers etc at Bulwer
    Been heaps of time for a feed and a beer, they've never not taken our money over the bar and I have never 'stayed' there. Though been more than a couple of years so may have changed, but I doubt it. It's all about money in the till !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Ausfish mobile app