Thread: Sounder pricing

Sounder pricing

Hi all I've been looking around at a new sounder combo lately and what I'm seeing is that they all must be in together with how they price everything, i just saw a Garmin striker plus 7inch SV for $639 with everything and if you just bought the GT52 HW TM transducer it would cost $480 so that means the unit it worth $160 now that's not much .

When you go up in value like Raymarine element 7inch with everything $1199 without transducer $1049 so the 1.2ghz HyperVision transducer is only worth $150 and $445 to buy it separately and to add 2inchers of screen cost another $500 and add 5inches of screen cost $1000,i know that the 12inch screens have more resolution but all the other bits seem to be the same the R n D has been done and included into the cost I just can't see how they justify the cost to upsize

Now when it comes to the mappings its the same get it with the combo and pay $199 or don't get it and pay over $400 for the same thing, and after over a week or more looking on the net every brand does the same thing nearly ,ive even seen mapping price change from a 7inch to a 9 inch model same map just $50 more for the 9inch.

Its all getting frustrating its like looking for a car and having the salesmen saying so you want wheels with your new car and you want a spare tyre too. I do know that some Yachties just want a gps and there's a heap of different transducers these days but it makes it harder to make a decision on which one to buy.

Re: Sounder pricing

That old saying comes into play "Horses for courses"

It's why you can spend as little as a few hundred dollars right up to many thousands ……. and then you can spend a couple of grand plus on a transducer package. Hey if you buy a car - wheels & tyres are often an option that needs to be considered. ..

2 questions stand true with selecting a sounder - your budget & what do you want the sounder to do ? ……. sometimes those two questions will not give you the answer you're looking for though and the budget is blown out the window. Remember .. BOAT = Bring On Another Thousand

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

It's now spelled BOATT, Bring on another Two (or Ten) Thousand.

Yer guys I do understand that boating costs money but how can Raymarine charge $250 for mapping on the Element combo and $100 for the Axion combo same Navionics + mapping and that's form there official web site pricing list that sort of thing doesn't do there brand any good when you see pricing like that.

And how can Navionics charge $399.00 for the same thing?
    An Axiom is a higher end product than an Element and includes more for the money perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Yer guys I do understand that boating costs money but how can Raymarine charge $250 for mapping on the Element combo and $100 for the Axion combo same Navionics + mapping and that's form there official web site pricing list that sort of thing doesn't do there brand any good when you see pricing like that.
    I don’t know if this is what your after mate but BCF have these on special , they look ok to me but have a look . Matty https://www.bcf.com.au/p/garmin-stri...ps/551390.html
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Hi Matty not looking at a cheap sound ,I've got to have a play with the Element before I make my mind up between the Elite ti2 or the Element.

Whats frustrating me is how they justifying there pricing on things in mapping and transducers and the size increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Getout View Post
    And how can Navionics charge $399.00 for the same thing?
    An Axiom is a higher end product than an Element and includes more for the money perhaps?
    Yes that's whats getting me that Axiom is dearer but the mapping is cheaper for the same thing so there doing this too keep the Axiom in the lowrance HDS price point.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Yes that's whats getting me that Axiom is dearer but the mapping is cheaper for the same thing so there doing this too keep the Axiom in the lowrance HDS price point.
    Its called competition