Thread: A week on the flat ones.

A week on the flat ones.

just finished a weeks long service, the idea was to line it up with good weather and low tides in the passage in the morning, had a great week and all up landed 32 flathead the biggest going 60cm, also 2 bream the biggest going 37cm, i used 2 lures mostly, I was given a packet of pink 3 inch Zman minnows at xmas and the first one i used caught 30 fish before i retired it, these plastics are tremendous value, the other is a little vibe that is just so good, its the ecogear zx40, its great for water over 2 metres where you want to be near the bottom and not wait for ever for a plastic to sink and it casts like a bullet, to get the best effect just give little lifts off the bottom to vibrate then let sink and repeat , the only problem was the 2 little trailing hooks, first time i used it i missed so many hits but this was fixed by fitting a small suicide hook closer to rear, and where were the fish?, near the edges as usual and i find the passage never seems to hold the bigger flathead, ive been keeping a log of fish caught since mid April and last weeks effort made the total 143 flathead so far and the biggest has been 60 cm.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ozf1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	119652   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ozf2.jpg 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	119653   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ozf3.jpg 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	119654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ozf4.jpg 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	119655   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ozf5.jpg 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	119656  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ozf8.jpg 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	119657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ozf9.jpg 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	119658   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ozf7.jpg 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	119659  

Re: A week on the flat ones.

Nice post. Glad you got to use your leave for such a great result.
    I've always been a bait fisho, last time I went out I tried a few plastics with no success but it is cold down here, is that a good enough excuse ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: A week on the flat ones.

Good stuff AC, nice to see you bag a few.