Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

Hello

I am seriously considering buying a 610WR this weekend, or holding out for a Cruise Craft Outsider 575... however when looking at boats for sale, the cruise crafts are rare as hens teeth but for the bar crushers there are many recently new boats up for sale.. does anyone know why?

I took the Bar Crusher 610WR for a test spin in chop on moreton bay and the ride as dry and impressive with no bangs or hard landings... however the amount of bar crushers going second hand has me second guessing....

thoughts???

Craig

Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

Maybe lots were purchased after watching countless TV shows that constantly told you how fabulous they are, and the buyers didn't agree after owning one? I really have no idea, I was just stabbing in the dark, but I do agree, there is a few for sale.

would you consider them to be offshore boats, the name says "Bar Crusher".. but would you take them out wide off Noosa, Fraser Island or offshore Straddie/Moreton?

the decision re Bar Crusher or Cruise Craft is doing my head in.....

Yeah why not, plenty (probably all of them) head offshore.

they were popular for a while when cash was easy to borrow
    bit of a down turn and up for sale

need figures to show if total boats for sale has increased

could be anything

Kind of strange to be considering a Barcrusher or a Cruisecraft, two very different boats.

Possibly because their new sales were bigger than Cruisecraft.

It's simply a case of sales volume - Bar crusher has been one of the highest selling brands over the past decade & I believe that they are the highest selling plate boat in Australia presently.
    A quick search on Boatsales.com (used) paints a different picture 17 Cruisecraft "outsiders" & 3 Barcrusher HTs & 2 WRs ……. 34 Bar crushers in total ….. Australia wide.

As for the boat themselves - bar crushers have a solid reputation for performance & build quality ….. there is not much to fault with a BC . I'm certainly enjoying fishing out of my 615WR & any one that has fished with me (who know boats) have all been impressed with the sea handling & ride .

Will it ride as well as a decent glass boat …… no but it's not that far behind. I know I'd be happy to go another BC if and when the need arises.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

So Chris, do you still have your 615wr? I would love to chat to you if possible!

I actually found during sea trials that the BC was quite a soft ride even compared to my old outsider 575...

I am looking to buy either but the BC has a lot more versatility that the CC.. the BC can be used for camping, crabbing, fishing both inshore and offshore and the biggest advantage is its better on fuel and easier to look after especially if fishing with kids or alone...plus it has a bucket load of room to walk around and fish... it doesn’t have bucket seats or a cabin but how often do you use a cabin?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiley_Whiting View Post
    So Chris, do you still have your 615wr? I would love to chat to you if possible!

I actually found during sea trials that the BC was quite a soft ride even compared to my old outsider 575...

I am looking to buy either but the BC has a lot more versatility that the CC.. the BC can be used for camping, crabbing, fishing both inshore and offshore and the biggest advantage is its better on fuel and easier to look after especially if fishing with kids or alone...plus it has a bucket load of room to walk around and fish... it doesn’t have bucket seats or a cabin but how often do you use a cabin?
    Happy to chat to you

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Bar Crushers set a new trend of boats if u look back there were nothing like them for style, the HT's became very popular and every man and his dog bought one, Just my opinion but they do look sexy that is why my rebuild is kind of looking like one just $70,000 less on the price tag

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In my humble opinion, please don’t get upset people, I owned a 560c which I believe is the rebadged 615. I put 200 hours on her. It was my first “offshore boat”. After owning several fibreglass boats since I could not recommend them if you are after a boat that is easy on the body and would not consider any aluminium boat for offshore work unless it was from a reputable builder like Riptide, Fisher/origin, Amm, Rebel, Bluewater etc. For a mass produced plate I would choose the Stabicraft over others. My Barcrusher was wet, banged harder than any boat I’ve owned and at rest the bloody sound from the chamber that filled with water a rest, “ballast” was in my opinion a hinderance to catch rate.
    Again my opinion only.

Thanks for your reply, great to hear your experience.... I’ve always been in glass boats so I am nervous at the thought of swapping to alloy...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiley_Whiting View Post
    I’ve always been in glass boats so I am nervous at the thought of swapping to alloy...
    and so you should be...they are not known as "Back Crusher" for nothing...

Just my opinion mate but take this with a grain of salt... but old school boats were heavy and a lot of people think "Fibreglass Boat, Shit that's gotta be heavy" i still here this today! maybe because people have grown up thinking of old Clinkers and boats like that very heavy slow moving boats or runabouts with huge horse power engines Vs a tinny that can use half the horse power so assume "It must be lighter" but reality is custom aluminium boats are getting up there and fibreglass boats seem to be to be getting lighter in weight with more modern designing and computer programming

look at this, this Evolution 552 only weights 822kg http://www.evolutionboats.com.au/mod...es/552-silver/

lets go to Savage 545 Bluewater 570kg https://www.savageboats.com.au/545-bluewater

250kg difference that's just two of your friends that weigh as much as me

Horizon Sports Fisher 570, 695kg https://www.horizonboats.com.au/boat.../sportsfisher/