Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

Quote Originally Posted by jclay1773 View Post
    In an earlier comment someone said that barcrusher set the standard yrs ago and other builders followed them. Please, what a joke that is.

To answer the question, there are heaps around sold new and 2nd hand. They are an ok boat but for similar money you can get a custom built fisher, rip tide etc.
    Show me a boat that looks like a bar crusher before they were made i'll be awaiting the picture

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    You've just mentioned 2 brands of trailer boat that I would love to own …… & if I ever won the big one - I would be knocking on their doors within days to discuss building my ideal trailer boat .

OK …… but back to reality - How many boats do these guys build a year ? …… secondly how much will you spend on building one compared to other brands ? You pay 25-40 % more ……. but hey it's all class . A lot (if not most) fishoes would struggle to spend $100K on a new 7m centre console ……. try $125K + for an AMM & tricked up $150K plus ….. It's for these reasons you don't see many on the market …… they just don't make many & those that are built are usually purpose built for people that are cashed up & know exactly what they want .

Chris
    Hey Chris moght have something to do with maximum width too i live in the nancy state nsw we only have a allowable width of 2.5m wide so when u get up to 7m+ i assume they wou look a bit skinny but in saying that my boat is 5.7m and 2.07m wide

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Show me a boat that looks like a bar crusher before they were made i'll be awaiting the picture
    Google Surtees. They are the original and built before Barusher came on the market.

Are you saying that the way a boat looks is ‘setting the standard’. I couldn’t care what my boat looks likes as long it performs. Or, maybe a 6m boat with a 150ltr fuel tank is setting the standard. And I won’t get into the whole surfees copy as it’s a pointless argument.

When I got quotes for a Stabicraft 2400 & an AMM 7.4 the AMM was heaps cheaper. Not many of us can afford exactly what we want so it’s always going to be a compromise. In my experience Most kiwi boats are very expensive, I got quotes for Surtees, Barcrusher & Stabicraft, none of them could compete with AMM for price & quality. The white pointer & Extreme are leagues ahead of all of them in quality of build & options available as standard, but have you seen the price of a white pointer?!?! The other consideration is service, when I was ready to buy I tried to get a 2 year old quote updated by AMM & they never responded to e-mails, answered the phone or responded to my voicemail messages, that’s the price of success I guess.
    My compromise was an extreme 745 game king, had everything I wanted in the cabin straight from the factory, my only modification was to fit a minn Kota mount. Got a great deal from the boat show & best welding I’ve ever seen on a boat (including Moda).

I have read on this forum conflicting information some havesaif bar crusher bought out surtees i see they both go back to the same era around 2000

Suretees boats still exists so how could they have bought them out

You can still get both in Aus

Blog Entries

Hey Gazza,
    Moonlighter who Is a member on here should clear this up. Hopefully he’s reading this post and clarify that indeed Surtees where the original manufacturer of the design in New Zealand.
    For what it’s worth, my 560c crusher was a no nonsense affordable plate boat that I didn’t have to wait 18 months to buy. I wanted a Fisher mark1 built by Col Svennson, (also built origin and now Svennson boats) but when I went to visit him that was the wait/build time. Fortunately I made the right choice at the time because Col left 3 months later and it was quite a messy split.
    Like all boats there are compromises.

Yeah im not to sure Ducks i done a google seems Surtees were made in the late 1990's and bar crusher came out around the 2001 era

I always thought the Surtees design was passed onto bar crusher i see Surtees was kiwi and that is where that particular make of boat originated, is bar crusher australian or kiwi that i havent worked out

My recollection is Surtess who is the original boat designer had 2 owners and after a messy business split, one left the company and started up Barcrusher.
    I may be wrong but I do think that is what originally happened.

Blog Entries

I can confirm Gazza Barcrusher are definitely Australian. I’m not sure regarding Suretees. They were most definitely originally built in NZ but not sure now if they have a factory here.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    You've just mentioned 2 brands of trailer boat that I would love to own …… & if I ever won the big one - I would be knocking on their doors within days to discuss building my ideal trailer boat .

OK …… but back to reality - How many boats do these guys build a year ? …… secondly how much will you spend on building one compared to other brands ? You pay 25-40 % more ……. but hey it's all class . A lot (if not most) fishoes would struggle to spend $100K on a new 7m centre console ……. try $125K + for an AMM & tricked up $150K plus ….. It's for these reasons you don't see many on the market …… they just don't make many & those that are built are usually purpose built for people that are cashed up & know exactly what they want .

Chris
    Yep what he said......most of us will never own a 100K plus platey and most of us don't need one....that's where Barcrusher comes in...well built slightly agricultural plate boat that will go anywhere and catch as much as most boats twice the price....

They also like to overstate their length..just like plenty of fisho's I know...

Not for me but I understand why people buy them...

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie123 View Post
    My recollection is Surtess who is the original boat designer had 2 owners and after a messy business split, one left the company and started up Barcrusher.
    I may be wrong but I do think that is what originally happened.
    Yep that’s what I was told also by a freind of Warren’s

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

If that is the case than u can technically say Surtees and Bar Crusher have both been out as long as each other although different brands same owners and designs

For a coming on to 20 year design they look like they were designed yesterday i personally havent seen anything more fresh than both of those c9mpanys designs to date

For a coming on to 20 year design they look like they were designed yesterday i personally havent seen anything more fresh than both of those c9mpanys designs to date
    You are seriously deluded Gaz....