Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

your more likely to sell a barcrusher then some custom thing
    larger market to sell into then obscure small operators outputs

id say the quintrex trident is wanting to look like a bar crusher , but just cant pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    id say the quintrex trident is wanting to look like a bar crusher , but just cant pull it off.
    Not in the same league as the Barcrusher though ..... if you want to see why go have a look at the inside of a BC and see how the welded floor coamings transom and heavy side pockets work together to make for a rigid boat ...... compare the pressed aluminium supports used in boats like the TABS , Trident , Seajay etc ...... it’s not just about 4 and 5mm plate hulls and bottoms but how it all ties in together.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Not in the same league as the Barcrusher though ..... if you want to see why go have a look at the inside of a BC and see how the welded floor coamings transom and heavy side pockets work together to make for a rigid boat ...... compare the pressed aluminium supports used in boats like the TABS , Trident , Seajay etc ...... it’s not just about 4 and 5mm plate hulls and bottoms but how it all ties in together.

Chris
    And as Andrew showed at Hervey bay, you can drop em on the ramp, no worries!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    And as Andrew showed at Hervey bay, you can drop em on the ramp, no worries!

there you go ……
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

so funny did he drop it on purpose, when i saw that im thinking, yeah that boat could take the hurt , thinking about the welds on them and they are good quality.

It was a funny situation for sure. Like something I'd do but I wouldn't have got away with it. Boat would have broke in half probably. Or landed on the leg.

G'day
    Only spent one day in 6m (actual) one of these myself and had a sore back for 2 months after. Though it felt smooth given the weight etc, it was better than I expected. I do have a few back and health issues though and it was extremely wet with water over the screen almost constantly, I couldn't see when to brace and this was a major factor I think. Note for buyers, get a windsceen wiper for the passenger as well to avoid this.
    Re the dropping them on the ramp, we had 3 do this here in adelaide in a short period in recent years. I only know the circumstances of one of them. Skipper realised the flag still on the prop after positioning to drive off. Drove forward to remove it and the barcatch released. Probably some combination of agitated driving and sudden stop, boat moving easily on trailer and sensitive barcatch. The one on TV show was just the dumb disconnect everything then reverse down the ramp which seems to account for most of these events. I don't know how anyone could have such poor practices.
    A mate has a 780 which I would like to have ride in, he was going for a glass boat in the same size range but weight too high for him so picked the best compromise to suit his needs. There's always a compromise ay, whatever your choice.
    Cheers
    Rod

I must agree the hardtop is a good idea, but lacks functionality, if you put it down, it's near impossible to see at all, they are an OK boat, no two ways about it, I personally probably wouldn't buy one, but not because they are no good, they are just not my thing right now, things change in life, and maybe one might be on the menu one day, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I must agree the hardtop is a good idea, but lacks functionality, if you put it down, it's near impossible to see at all, they are an OK boat, no two ways about it, I personally probably wouldn't buy one, but not because they are no good, they are just not my thing right now, things change in life, and maybe one might be on the menu one day, who knows?
    I will have to agree there about the roof visibility really sucks with the roof down especially in the dark and that’s after nearly 500 hours in just over two years but at least I can get it under the roof and then I put it back up

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Exactly, well said. Never say never... or always.

Late to see this Barcrusher post. I purchased a BC530C in around 2008, and I feel as far as boats go, pretty good. I suppose I was one of the casualties at the time of the TV fishing shows where BC took centre stage. I think I paid $54000 for a new boat at the time. Good for the time I had it, did a few hundred hours and lots of trips away including 1770 4 times and losts of local fishing; mainly 36-50fathom line. I had to add a front clear to the already supplied side clears, for it was very very wet at times and I couldnt really keep up to mates glass boats at speed heading offshore. Very often found myself trailing in his wake of his Cruisecraft rather than take the lead and that occasional bang. It would bang less than other boats though and performed pretty well. It was great to tow, to launch solo mostly, and being alloy no probs with beaching on a rocky shore. Didnt like the wide gunnels, didnt like all my gear getting wet in them, liked the solid build, needed trim tabs. After 7 years it was garaged for 5 however spent 2 years outside., Some of the alloy started deteriorating/ corroding and some damage to the paintwork due to corrosion. It was in the end really time for it to go. Sold it for $38,000 relatively quickly (and I think at the time it was still due to the previous marketing- the folding roof, the flooding chamber, solid construction. Happy to see it go (but I had other things on at the time). Now 5 years later I have just bought again this time I have gone to glass. Probably should have done that in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Crusader View Post
    G'day
    Only spent one day in 6m (actual) one of these myself and had a sore back for 2 months after. Though it felt smooth given the weight etc, it was better than I expected. I do have a few back and health issues though and it was extremely wet with water over the screen almost constantly, I couldn't see when to brace and this was a major factor I think. Note for buyers, get a windsceen wiper for the passenger as well to avoid this.
    Re the dropping them on the ramp, we had 3 do this here in adelaide in a short period in recent years. I only know the circumstances of one of them. Skipper realised the flag still on the prop after positioning to drive off. Drove forward to remove it and the barcatch released. Probably some combination of agitated driving and sudden stop, boat moving easily on trailer and sensitive barcatch. The one on TV show was just the dumb disconnect everything then reverse down the ramp which seems to account for most of these events. I don't know how anyone could have such poor practices.
    A mate has a 780 which I would like to have ride in, he was going for a glass boat in the same size range but weight too high for him so picked the best compromise to suit his needs. There's always a compromise ay, whatever your choice.
    Cheers
    Rod
    Lol, so you have back issues, thought the boat rode smoothly and yet thats the reason you had a sore back for 2 months after? Good story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ausfish Platinum Member

Every boat is a compromise in some way. It all depends on your needs. Anyone who says they ride as well as a comparable glass boat, hasn't been in a comparable glass boat for a while. Disclaimer--I can only speak of the 615C Gen 2. Dreadfully wet the moment you turn a few degrees off 90 deg across a sea with wind. Seats are too far back, no real shelter. That hardtop is like looking out through a tank turret slit when it is down. The constant deadrise relatively deep vee means they take some driving to get them up if you are loaded. And it also means that any sea coming from a bow quarter just slams into that flat area formed by the deep vee up the front. Sorta OK , speed down, if you head straight into it, but we took a real flogging most of the time any wind was present. Had a 625 C/Craft just cruise past us , sitting down, into a sharp short slop that was really punishing us standing up and hanging on for grim death. Refer back to my trip Montebellos trip report from recently--the differences between my boat and his came into really stark contrast when the going got tough. Yes, mine is a bit bigger, but comparably equipped, cost very little more.
    And his is now up for sale after 5 years or so of ownership. They do get a good resale over here, people are just blinded by all the blurb, IMO, maybe they get a ride in one and it feels great compared to a smaller platey or pressed hull. They are quite well built, offer good standard features, many will be happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Unicorn View Post
    Lol, so you have back issues, thought the boat rode smoothly and yet thats the reason you had a sore back for 2 months after? Good story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, he said it was better than he expected, given the weight.