Classifieds

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 122
  1. #16

    Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

    go down to JV Marine in melbourne, never seen so many Haines signitures for sale, that had me thinking but , i put it down to the bar crusher being so expensive that maybe people want to consolidate their debts and down size. the only negative ive read is the bloop bloop sound coming from the chamber, build quality and ride and design is right up their is what i understand .

  2. #17

    Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Just my opinion mate but take this with a grain of salt... but old school boats were heavy and a lot of people think "Fibreglass Boat, Shit that's gotta be heavy" i still here this today! maybe because people have grown up thinking of old Clinkers and boats like that very heavy slow moving boats or runabouts with huge horse power engines Vs a tinny that can use half the horse power so assume "It must be lighter" but reality is custom aluminium boats are getting up there and fibreglass boats seem to be to be getting lighter in weight with more modern designing and computer programming

    look at this, this Evolution 552 only weights 822kg http://www.evolutionboats.com.au/mod...es/552-silver/

    lets go to Savage 545 Bluewater 570kg https://www.savageboats.com.au/545-bluewater

    250kg difference that's just two of your friends that weigh as much as me

    Horizon Sports Fisher 570, 695kg https://www.horizonboats.com.au/boat.../sportsfisher/

    Actually Haines Signatures are quite heavy. Also I wouldn't call 250 kg a small difference on a 5.5m boat.. It could also mean the difference between a single axle trailer and a tandem which is more weight. This could also influence the tow vehicle options.

  3. #18

    Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

    look at the instant boating package for the savage
    max hp 135 the package includes a 75 etec what a pig of a boat it would be

    ole mate buys his boat takes it to a south coast bar with 3 mates on board and gets pummeled trying to get out

    https://www.thecaptain.tv/articles/6-metre-shootout/

    have a look at a "proper" offshore boat and the hull weights

  4. #19

    Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    go down to JV Marine in melbourne, never seen so many Haines signitures for sale, that had me thinking but , i put it down to the bar crusher being so expensive that maybe people want to consolidate their debts and down size. the only negative ive read is the bloop bloop sound coming from the chamber, build quality and ride and design is right up their is what i understand .
    Yep - that's one negative …… but surprisingly it hasn't put the fish off be it in shallow water or not

    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

    Seller's Items


  5. #20

    Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    In my humble opinion, please don’t get upset people, I owned a 560c which I believe is the rebadged 615. I put 200 hours on her. It was my first “offshore boat”. After owning several fibreglass boats since I could not recommend them if you are after a boat that is easy on the body and would not consider any aluminium boat for offshore work unless it was from a reputable builder like Riptide, Fisher/origin, Amm, Rebel, Bluewater etc. For a mass produced plate I would choose the Stabicraft over others. My Barcrusher was wet, banged harder than any boat I’ve owned and at rest the bloody sound from the chamber that filled with water a rest, “ballast” was in my opinion a hinderance to catch rate.
    Again my opinion only.
    Agree about them being wet but the ride is twice as good as those brands you just said


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #21

    Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Unicorn View Post
    Agree about them being wet but the ride is twice as good as those brands you just said


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nup. Agree to disagree.thanks for your opinion though.

  7. #22

    Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

    Never did quite understand when people say weight is what makes a boat ride best, if that was all there was to it, then simply adding ballast would be common, how about you try this, get a (say) 4 m flat bottom punt, put a couple of hundred KG in it and go for a run in some chop, you are going to get pounded, now get a 4m Webster twin hull with little weight in the same chop! Weight is not the end of the story, shape pays a way bigger part in ride than material of construction or how heavy it is.

  8. #23

    Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

    2nd hand for sale of reasonably new items is a good indication of peoples satisfaction.

    Some boats rarely come up and hold their value exceptionally well (generally for good reason).

  9. #24

    Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by billfisher View Post
    Actually Haines Signatures are quite heavy. Also I wouldn't call 250 kg a small difference on a 5.5m boat.. It could also mean the difference between a single axle trailer and a tandem which is more weight. This could also influence the tow vehicle options.
    Bill i think from memory the guys on AF said u can have a single axle 2 ton trailer made if one wished so i would rule out the tandum if someone wanted a particular single axle trailer

    850kg + trailer + engine + fuel and all your gear is still going to be under 2 ton

  10. #25

    Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

    Vromme i agree with that your old dated boat needs to go some where

    The good side is heaps of bar crushers were sold so they were very popular the down side is the retail value after 10 years and so many being bought and sold to upgrade to a new model bar crusher

    I absolutely love the look of them

  11. #26

    Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Bill i think from memory the guys on AF said u can have a single axle 2 ton trailer made if one wished so i would rule out the tandum if someone wanted a particular single axle trailer

    850kg + trailer + engine + fuel and all your gear is still going to be under 2 ton
    Are you sure that you are not confused with the requirement for a breakaway braking system? I don't think there are any tyres or axles rated to that weight. I haven't heard a single axle trailer rated over 1600 kg.

  12. #27

    Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale


  13. #28

    Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Never did quite understand when people say weight is what makes a boat ride best, if that was all there was to it, then simply adding ballast would be common, how about you try this, get a (say) 4 m flat bottom punt, put a couple of hundred KG in it and go for a run in some chop, you are going to get pounded, now get a 4m Webster twin hull with little weight in the same chop! Weight is not the end of the story, shape pays a way bigger part in ride than material of construction or how heavy it is.
    Totally agree there. With modern composite techniques such as using compressed foam and vacuum bagging glass boats are getting lighter all the time and plate boats seem to be getting heavier and heavier. If weight helps with a certain hull shape, I’d say great, use the modern technique and add bigger fuel and live bait tanks thanks. 😂
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  14. #29

    Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

    Problem is with designing to guys the lighter u go u need to factor that in look at the bowdidge marine sea strike 16 the chines sit clear of the water at rest the problem was supposedly guys using to light of plywoodin the build there is one on ebay for sale shows it floating

  15. #30

    Re: Bar Crushers - why so many for sale

    but then look at the abalone diving boats being made on the south coast or victoria
    old haines flops with very heavy hulls and tbh pretty basic fitouts


    weight at rest is different to weight under way noelm, the barcrushers fill up at rest and provide stability
    But underway iy all empties and its just a reg plate boat, a reg plate boat with a fine entry that seems to entice spray up and over the boat
    ive only been in a small one a few times 560 and it seemed alright but there are stories of that fine entry burying itself into waves and the owners having a worried moment if its going to come back up again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us