Thread: 3D sounders

3D sounders

Hi there, has any got a 3d sounder and is it worth the extra money.

I was keen on the lowrance elite ti2 9 inch and then saw the raymarine element which has the 3D and thought do i real want it, i can see how good it could be for $250 more, but the side view shows you the fish either side anyways all comments welcome.

Re: 3D sounders

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Hi there, has any got a 3d sounder and is it worth the extra money.

I was keen on the lowrance elite ti2 9 inch and then saw the raymarine element which has the 3D and thought do i real want it, i can see how good it could be for $250 more, but the side view shows you the fish either side anyways all comments welcome.
    Howdy mate. they have some really groovy pieces of kit. the element kinda went back to the old school with just buttons. but it works. simple as that. its pretty quick i have found . the 3d whilst isnt as good as that on the Axiom "no gps vectoring". it does include a 1.2mghz frequency side/down and 3d.. that does make up for it somewhat. its crazy crisp "not as crisp as Hbird. but close"

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

I found the axiom to be very first generation with 3d, and the screen difficult to see in sunlight.

Thanks Rob I see that there's a new sun shade for sounders out now that might help things,but that's good info I've got 2 Raymarine combos a a65 and a70 and yes those screens are sometimes hard too see too.

that was my axiom used for those berley pro visors love me some sun visors!
    FYI axiom pro with its IPS screen is better in sunlight than the standard axiom

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Thanks for the info, might grab one of those visors. Look the business.

Good to know the Axiom Pro is better in sunlight. Thinking of upgrading a HDS10 soon.