Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What is an offshore boat?

What is an offshore boat?

Hey all, let have a heated and nasty discussion about what is it isn’t an offshore boat.

We can argue over length, gunnel heights, floors, weather, distance fuel, age, colour, all sorts of shit.

Once we we have figured it out, maybe we can also take photos of boats we think are breaking the rules, and publicly shame them here.

Re: What is an offshore boat?

Great idea. Can I go first?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

This post should be locked already

I thought it was a serious thread. There was talk of shaming wasn't there?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    This post should be locked already
    don't be like that Gazza...…..

Public shaming a company could be breaking some kind of law on a public forum sure if u have had a really dreadful experience u can talk about it but shaming a company could bring u under some kind of law suit i would think depends how far people go really

i think the first post should be out laid and worded differently if it were genuinely meant to start heated arguments it may turn people off even coming to this forum

titanic.jpgHere's one,........ oh hang on a minute................................

Cheers Muz

Savage Stern View resized.JPG

This was my last barra-watersports-dive-inshore-offshore boat. Percentages subject to change without notice. Did a bucketful of open water work between Deep Tempest to the Pin bar reefs over a 20 year period and a couple of trips to 1770. It was cold wet and uncomfortable by the standards of my current ride but I never felt unsafe ( apart from when I tried to use it as a surfboard which it is most definitely NOT) despite having a red hot go at sinking it on the way to Tangas one day. The one thing it was - a shit load of fun.

Flame on lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
    Here's one,........ oh hang on a minute................................

Attachment 119561

Cheers Muz
    No pic Muz

fixed now I think

mmmmmm, let me see, I know,
    a renegade 420

( mate , it was only a matter of time, hahahah)

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Public shaming a company could be breaking some kind of law on a public forum sure if u have had a really dreadful experience u can talk about it but shaming a company could bring u under some kind of law suit i would think depends how far people go really

i think the first post should be out laid and worded differently if it were genuinely meant to start heated arguments it may turn people off even coming to this forum
    Matt ......

Damn double posts,

Quote Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
    titanic.jpgHere's one,........ oh hang on a minute................................

Cheers Muz
    . Going by that mate none of us own offshore boats. Looks like I'll have to cut the new hard top off the Vic and install a casting platform.

Quote Originally Posted by rtp1984 View Post
    Hey all, let have a heated and nasty discussion about what is it isn’t an offshore boat.

We can argue over length, gunnel heights, floors, weather, distance fuel, age, colour, all sorts of shit.

Once we we have figured it out, maybe we can also take photos of boats we think are breaking the rules, and publicly shame them here.
    Well.it most certainly is either silver, white, black, blue, red, yellow and some other colours and if you don't accept that you have absolutely no clue and should be ashamed.
    Cheers