Thread: Arvo Bay Session

Arvo Bay Session

Headed out yesterday after some work stuff in the morning. I haven't been out for a while and needed some fishing time under my belt. The aim for the day was to get a feed and enjoy the magic weather that we have been lucky to have lately.

First stop was the small ships channel for a feed of Whiting and wasn't disappointed with 30 in the esky in just over an hour all falling to Squid strips fished on Black Magic Whiting Rigs (love these rigs). Quite a few pesky pike around too and kept a couple for bait.

The day was moving on so I headed into some reefy area for a Snapper fish. I put a live Whiting and started to burley and the whiting was absolutely smashed within a couple of minutes and a nice 50cm Snapper was in the esky shortly after. A little while later my light rod with a small squid on it also got smashed but I had no chance in shallowish water to stop it and was bricked into the stones.

Then the fish of the day decided he wanted to eat a whole Whiting sending the baitrunner nuts and after a short but strong fight a nice fat 60cm Snapper was also in the esky. Only bad part about this is someone else saw me catch it and then decided to motor around in circle about 20 meters away and then anchor close enough that I could jump on their boat if I needed too - always frustrating.

Last fish of the day was another snapper just over 40cms and after that I called it a day a left the fish to my new neighbour. Great moonrise over the bay on the way home and a nice feed as well.

Love winter in the bay.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190618_155547.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	119490   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190618_141523.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	119491